Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helen
    replied
    Part of the problem might be the age of the post that this version of Vbulletin is just looking for.

Earlier today (7/31/22) I was testing the search using these keywords:
    • gorn
    • amarillo
    I know there are at least 4 or 5 different threads that the word gorn would show up, but every time I search on it, I only get one hit and that is the thread with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. If I search using the tag of gorn as opposed to the keyword I get 5 results.

I know for the keyword of amarillo should have yielded just 1 thread but I got none. When I searched on the keyword of texas (the state where the city of Amarillo is in) I get 22 results with earliest being dated on May 29, 2020.

I have just added a reply to the thread called Is a Gorn always aggresive? which the last reply to that thread was in March 28, 2013. Now if you search on the keyword of gorn you get two threads as opposed to one thread.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I miss the search feature where you type in the key words and pages with that word appears from past threads.
    Is there a way for doing a word search that can go back before the format change?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I miss the search feature where you type in the key words and pages with that word appears from past threads.
    Is there a way for doing a word search that can go back before the format change?

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbos View Post
    Thanks Helen and Ryan! This new version of the site is nice.
    Ryan was the one who got the new version of vBulletin for HawaiiThreads.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Doing a test reply using my smartphone.

Leave a comment:

• Robbos
    replied
    Thanks Helen and Ryan! This new version of the site is nice.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Testing out the spoiler tag in the Version 5.6.5 of vBulletin. The option is located on the far right of the advanced tool bar.

This is the text for the spoiler.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RoyalHawaiian
    replied
    The new software version looks wonderful!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Have noticed that some avatars have been restored without the users actually doing it or being active on this forum since it came back on.

The reason why I had to do it manually is because I made the attempt to reload during the time the avatar feature not working right.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied
    Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Got the avatar upload system working. Verified that there's no way to map or carry over the old avatars. Sorry!

Working on restoring visibility of the Hawaii Media subform!
    Thanks for the update Ryan. With everyone having to reload new avatars, we'll know who is still active and who has long gone and not been back.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied
    Got the avatar upload system working. Verified that there's no way to map or carry over the old avatars. Sorry!

Working on restoring visibility of the Hawaii Media subform!

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied
    Originally posted by helen View Post
    Mel, you can try this link:

I stumbled upon this while looking thru posts that were tagged with cbs.
    OK. That is the direct link to the sub-board. Thanks. https://www.hawaiithreads.com/forum/hawaii-media

Temporary Fix.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    glad to see some recovery from the site's surprise demise and sad lack of communication. looking good, hopefully it's picture friendly now.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Made an attempt to just upload a photo to this site's photo section which also displays my old photos and I got this message during the upload process

Upload

The attachment storage directory does not exist or is not writable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X