A question about Fairs and Hawai'i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Fairs and Hawai'i

So I was planning my annual trip to the fair with my boys today and my friend asked me a question.

Does Hawaii have regular fairs and carnivals with rides and such? Or is it too expensive to take the "fair" or "carnival" there?

OR do they have a local Fair that tours through the islands?
    Just curious!
    I don't know the answer and thought it was a good question!...however.. I could be wrong. Won't be the first time!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Re: A question about Fairs and Hawai'i

Yes, we do have carnivals, 50th State Fair, Farm Fair, etc. etc. etc. We don't live in grass shacks either.

btw: The Circus comes to town too!
    Several years ago, HPD wen shoot one amok Elephant who went on a rampage in Honolulu. His name was Tyke. http://starbulletin.com/2004/08/16/news/story2.html

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 6, 2006, 01:47 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

No nO! I knwo that! LOL
      I just didn't know if they actually hauled all the equipment there or what. You know they just travel by truck here so I was curious! LOL You make me laugh!
      All those rides are heavy and hard to travel

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
        No nO! I knwo that! LOL
        I just didn't know if they actually hauled all the equipment there or what. You know they just travel by truck here so I was curious! LOL You make me laugh!
        All those rides are heavy and hard to travel
        We have E.K. Fernandez. Wait. I go find out moa information. Be right back.

E. K. Fernandez Shows is a locally-owned, third-generation family business that has been entertaining the families of Hawaii since 1903. Hundreds of thousands of island residents annually attend our carnivals and fairs to experience the thrill and excitement found only on an E. K. Fernandez Shows midway. It is our commitment to providing a safe, fun-filled experience where families can share good times together that has made us a tradition in the islands. http://www.ekfernandez.com/whoweare.html

I know there's another one but I forgot the name.heheheh
        Last edited by 1stwahine; August 6, 2006, 01:53 PM.

Comment

COOL Thanks so much I am going to look it up and call my friend!
          Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Yes, we do have carnivals, 50th State Fair, Farm Fair, etc. etc. etc. We don't live in grass shacks either.

btw: The Circus comes to town too!
          Several years ago, HPD wen shoot one amok Elephant who went on a rampage in Honolulu. His name was Tyke. http://starbulletin.com/2004/08/16/news/story2.html
          hehe are ya sure cause I read this article about grass huts!!! j/k I am just kidding!!

Comment

the fairs are held in grass shacks. we pay three clams and one starfish for admittance cost. we sit on turtle shells. drink from coconut cups.
            the funniest part are the clowns;
            they find tourists in matching "hawaiian wear" and parade them thru the 3 rings.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              the fairs are held in grass shacks. we pay three clams and one starfish for admittance cost. we sit on turtle shells. drink from coconut cups.
              they find tourists in matching "hawaiian wear" and parade them thru the 3 rings.
              I knew you wuz coming in hea. Wea 's Manoa? hahahahaha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Can I be a clown???? Do they have fire rings for me to jump through??

Comment

Hey when I make my 2 and 3 year old matching shirts does that mean they are clowns too? Such cute little clowns!
                  Guess I will have to quit making them clothes that match!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                    So I apparently meant not DO you have a fair but what kind of fair. In Oregon we have our own fairs but they travel to all the states around here and even to the East Coast. I assumed you had fairs but was unsure of how they got all the rides there and big equipment there if it was only in Hawai'i and travelled through the islands or if it came from the "mainland" and then was shipped back. Obviously I stated my question wrong

I need to learn to watch my steps much more! Or I should have googled it first! HMMM there's a smart idea! Silly me!

Comment

Working...
                    X