• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbsolutChaos
    replied
    Re: Manoa's Get-Together

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    AbsolutChaos' boyfriend arrived. With all the times I've been to gatherings with them, I still forget his name. I hope he did well in the Bike Race today. He always does.
    [/B]
    As always, I had a great time hanging out with some of the HT people and enjoying great music! Thanks for the round of drinks Mr. M!

Ah, the bike race...I guess there was a big bike pileup behind my boyfriend today, and it ended up with someone hitting his rear wheel and damaging it beyond repair. By the time the repair car got him the proper size replacement wheel, he was pretty much out of the race. Think he was 63rd overall. It's gonna hurt financially to replace that expensive Zipp wheel--ouch. He has to get a new one before October's Ironman.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Mary and I were dropped off at Dukes by Sharon. AbsolutChaos and Fran met us within a few mintues. AbsolutChaos and I went to the section where Kapena was going to be playing. Tables and Chairs were being set up. We chose the two nearest tables and guarded it with our bodies and bags. No one was going to tell us anything. Eh, I'm a Tita. As for AbsolutChaos, she may be petite but she can hold her own too!

Fran and Mary soon joined us and we got the chairs. We sat down and waited to be served. We waited and waited. By the time our waitress came, we were "thirsty!" It was the first of many drinks for Fran and I. Mary and AbsolutChaos sat at the opposite end.

Kelly Boy was setting up. I went up to him and thought he wouldn't remember me. Before I could say anything...he told me, "Hi! Auntie Lynn!" I laughed and told him Leo Lakio and his Alpha Female from Seattle said "Aloha." He told me to tell them, "Mahalo!" I then told him about HT. We were here to listen to Kapena and have an afternoon of FuN together at Dukes.

The moment had arrived. Manoa showed up! Fran and I looked at each other and didn't know whether to whack whack or gorge the sucker! Nah, Manoa is Manoa. In person, he is the same has Online. We kept telling him to Shut-up!! All kidding aside...he is a warm and friendly person. He brings laughter to a party.

Helen arrived and ordered a Pepsi. Her cheeseburger looked onolicious too. We talked about USB Cable and other techie stuffs. We also talked about HT things which shall be kept between those who were at Dukes.

AbsolutChaos' boyfriend arrived. With all the times I've been to gatherings with them, I still forget his name. I hope he did well in the Bike Race today. He always does.

Kalona808 (Sharon),Cranberry (Mel), and Chris (Mel's hubby) finally showed up. Better late than never. They made it up in no time. They ordered the heavenly dessert Manoa posted and the odda one too.

Fran told me to try the Calamari. I already had it in my mouth when Manoa stood up and said, "That's tutusue!" Fran told me, OH! Look Manoa going to tutusue!" I simply said, "No!" I couldn't say anything else cause the calamari was half down my throat.heheheh But by the time Manoa found out it wasn't tutusue, I swallowed the calamari and joined Fran in one big hilarious laugh!!!!

Good things come to an end so fast. We paid our tabs and everyone didn't spend the dreaded $100.00. Infact, mine came to $25.50 including tip.

I once again went to Kelly Boy and asked if could take some pictures with us and he said of course. We all posed for the many cameras everyone had. It was awesome. Kelly Boy is truly an Entertainer who shows Love and Aloha.

Fran, Manoa and I headed for Chinatown. Fran wanted to hear me sing. Although my voice is not up to par, I figured with Karaoke, I can fake it. Singing with Kapena is a big No! No! Any entertainer will tell you the same. If you feel you can't perform 100% ~ don't perform. Your audience deserves 100%.

I chose Club Kekai's. I didn't tell Manoa or Fran it was a Gay Bar. I assumed they knew cause they read my Blogg.heheheh

In closing. It was another lovely day to meet and spend time with members of this wonderful Forum. We may differ on issues and grumble. Eh, We Ohana. All Families fight. We've got different personalities. We come from different backgrounds. Many times we tend to make others angry by what we think may be right in our opionion. We must all remember we are entilted to post our opinions within the rules and regulations of this forum. Yes, I am guilty of offending many times. Heck, I'm PuPule!!! Don't take me serious.

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Btw: I am a BITXH!!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 3, 2006, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

I actually was eating during most of the Football game so I didn't eat at Dukes.

I ran out of space on HT to post pics of the Calamari and Nacho's that was also served...

and it didn't look like Dukes had Mt. Dew. Helen got a chance at Mt. Dew as when I ordered a round... she ordered a pepsi...(not sure if that meant they didn't have Mt. Dew as you would think that because Mt. Dew is a Pepsi product they would also serve it...(maybe it's just not used in mixed drinks enough to invest in it? (Gee and for that matter...when you order a Coke and Rum...do they actually put Pepsi in?)

(and I didn't even get close to spending $100.00 )

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    We talked about where was POMAI!
    I know, yeah? Wassup witʻ dat? Also, where wuzʻ Tutusue? The original suggestor of Dukeʻs to begin with!

Well, neither of us made formal commitments, hence the title was (informally) named "Manoaʻs Get-Together".

Thanks for the food pics! Mean eh, da waffle-cut spicy Beach Fries?! The Hula Pie is also killahz. Next time, try their Mango-glazed BBQ baby back ribs and the Crab and Mac Nut Wontons. Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

[...]So tutusue...where were you... you was the one person I missed so much I kept seeing you in my mental head!!!![...]
    After spending time at Sharon's in the morning and meeting Alohacandy and CranBeree, et al, Staci and I grabbed some lunch at La Mariana where she went into the big, jetlag yawns. She wanted to get in a quick nap before we did a couple of quick errands then headed to Duke's. I told her to call me when she woke up. When 6p rolled around I knew the evening was lost so called up my twins and placed them around town so it looked like I was out and about! Staci called me at 8:40p!!! She'd just awakened and felt terrible that she'd caused me to miss Duke's. Nah, no problem for me as she really needed to sleep. She was totally burned out from work. I haven't heard yet whether or not her 5 hour nap interfered with her night's sleep. I suspect it did for a few hours anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Surfingfarmboy
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai
    Hopefully a future HT get-together will include some of our ohana on the mainland such as you, Surfingfarmboy, Leo Lakio and other regulars around here.
    I will be in Kailua from December 1 to December 16, 2006. While in Hawaii, I will be making a couple of day trips to (for sure) the Big Island...gotta get down to Naalehu for a little while...and most likely, Kauai. Last year's trip over, I was fortunate to meet many of the members of Hawaii Threads, and with any luck, I'm hoping to meet up with even more members this year's trip over. Perhaps some of us can get together for a nice dinner somewhere, or if that doesn't sound good, maybe a casual plate lunch somewhere. Or a Jamba Juice!

And don't forget: The Honolulu Marathon is on December 10...5AM from the corner of Ala Moana and the Queen St. extention....any of you running the race this year? If so, I'll see you there!

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

1.) What food did you folks order? Beachside Burger(s) I hope! Beach fries too... and how was it?

2.) Where was your table located?

3.) Did Auntie Lynn get to give Manoa whacks ʻn cracks? I didnʻt see that on video. Only a drunk tourist.

4.) Did Dukeʻs have Mountain Dew on hand to serve Helen? I donʻt recall them having that.

5.) What did you folks talk about?

I had a wonderful time in our attic (in Hawaii Kai) installing Tarpfoil roof insulation and sweating my @ss off. REAL fun. So much better than being at Dukeʻs. NOT.

Today weʻll be heading out to the Okinawan Festival at Kapiolani Park as a reward.
    Top secret, classified, not to be discussed anywhere on HT kind of stuff!

j/k...

We talked about where was POMAI!

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Here was some of the food that was enjoyed.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

1.) What food did you folks order? Beachside Burger(s) I hope! Beach fries too... and how was it?
    pomai... food pics to be posted when i get over my hang over!

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by LeiKaina
    And Pomai, I must say >> your avatar >> MAKES ME HUNGRY!
    Me too! Much more than an F-22 Raptor. I LOVE triangle Musubi with Ume in daʻ middle!

Hopefully a future HT get-together will include some of our ohana on the mainland such as you, Surfingfarmboy, Leo Lakio and other regulars around here.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

2.) Where was your table located?

3.) Did Auntie Lynn get to give Manoa whacks ʻn cracks? I didnʻt see that on video. Only a drunk tourist.

4.) Did Dukeʻs have Mountain Dew on hand to serve Helen? I donʻt recall them having that.

I had a wonderful time in our attic (in Hawaii Kai) installing Tarpfoil roof insulation and sweating my @ss off. REAL fun. So much better than being at Dukeʻs. NOT.

Today weʻll be heading out to the Okinawan Festival at Kapiolani Park as a reward.

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

So what HT members missed out on as I followed the Drunk dude out of dukes!

Make sure your volume on your speakers is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCS8I_StPc
    Oh this was great.

Really wish I could have been there!

Leave a comment:

• Queenolu
    replied

Ohh too funnieeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hope to be there with you guys next time around.

Leave a comment:

• Kahalu'u_Chrome
    replied

Omg, tooo funnny!

Nice job grabbing that face plant on video, Manoa

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

I know there are those that are wondering...did auntie sing with Kelly boy...

Well, she didn't get the chance to sing with him... however she did bring him over to our table for pictures and what not.....

However, later on in the night in chinatown...she sang a karaoke song dedicated to me that made me cry....

Thanks hanai mom... I love you... Manoa

Leave a comment:

Working...
X