Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manoa's Get-Together

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
    That's Labor Day weekend isn't it? Think it will be more crowded than normal?
    YES!!! The hotels are at high occupancy that week-end and that's considered the 'end of summer' by many. End of summer = party time! Ha! The end of summer in Hawaii? Anyway, Waikiki will be a beehive of activity, I think, based on calling around looking for a hotel room for my daughter.

If Duke's is definitely a 'go' for HT, I'll check with Staci to see if she'd like to go, otherwise I'll need to miss it this time.

Comment

I'm officially not going now...(sorry Auntie and anapuni)

I can't miss the UH vs. ALABAMA Football game for a gathering at Dukes!

The game starts @ 1:05 and I doubt it would be over by 3:00!

I really don't want to scare a bunch of HT readers by them watching me watch this game. (I become a different person when watching UH sports )

Everyone else have fun!

Comment

If it's still on for Saturday...I'll try to go too....after we feed the homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
          If it's still on for Saturday...I'll try to go too....after we feed the homeless.
          Great Mary!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You're right Lynn - kind of rude of Manoa to skip out on us. This was his idea in the first place, even if we can't call it "his" get together. I mean, it's not like that game hasn't been scheduled for a year already!!!! Can't say he didn't know about the game when we chose the date - if he is as much of a fan as he states. I have other activities that day also - but I'm flexible. and I figure friends count much more than a football game, that will be rebroadcast later anyway.

Manoa, once again you disappoint me. You talk big but don't follow through.

Just keep me posted on whats going on - yes, no, whatever? I'm still interested in going. and the bus stop is only a very short way from Outrigger so no problem for me to get there.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Ha! The end of summer in Hawaii?
              Reminds me of the Hawai`i Tourism ads I've seen in papers off-island. "When Summer's over, Hawai`i is still on vacation."

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
                You're right Lynn - kind of rude of Manoa to skip out on us. This was his idea in the first place, even if we can't call it "his" get together. I mean, it's not like that game hasn't been scheduled for a year already!!!! Can't say he didn't know about the game when we chose the date - if he is as much of a fan as he states. I have other activities that day also - but I'm flexible. and I figure friends count much more than a football game, that will be rebroadcast later anyway.

Manoa, once again you disappoint me. You talk big but don't follow through.

Just keep me posted on whats going on - yes, no, whatever? I'm still interested in going. and the bus stop is only a very short way from Outrigger so no problem for me to get there.
                anapuni... this was NEVER my idea in the first place.

Admin changed the thread title and felt that manoa's get together would be appropriate...

However, it was never my idea in the first place.

Comment

Well I work on Saturday, so I wouldn’t be able to make it. Lucky thing we have digital cable at the office so I can watch the Alabama game, or I probably would have called in sick as well.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Manoa, Shut-up and stop making EXCUSES!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hey I did PM you to tell you that if were getting blown away...

I still might show

Auntie... you changed the time from 10 to 3:00!!!

If it hadn't had been changed.... I could have done both!

Comment

who would want to eat hamburgers at 10 in the morning? on a saturday?

This saturday morning is Queen Liliuokalani's birthday celebration on `Iolani Palace grounds starting at 10am so I will be down there until time to leave for Waikiki.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          Hey I did PM you to tell you that if were getting blown away...

I still might show

Auntie... you changed the time from 10 to 3:00!!!

If it hadn't had been changed.... I could have done both!
                          The reason the time was changed - Mary and I, Feed the Homeless at Kaukau Wagon from 1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.

Once again, Stop making EXCUSES!!!

No need come.

We're betta off without you!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I thought the original idea of meeting at Dukes was for the late afternoon music. IIRC, there was mention of starting to gather at 3p to be sure to get a table then staying for music and hamburgers...or whatever.

Auntie resurrected this thread and mentioned a 12:30 gathering. That changed to later because it conflicted with feeding the homeless. The latter is far more important than the former.

Manoa has disavowed from the get-go that this is his thread and get-together as it's a spill over from another thread. IIRC, meeting at Duke's was my suggestion for a late afternoon HT gathering. I don't think Manoa should be held accountable for changing his mind and deciding to stay home and watch football.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Comment

The bottom line is more people can make it later. I vote for 5pm. By then homeless feeding, lawn mowing, Queen Lili‘uokalani birthday celebrations, dog walking, UH vs. Alabama game (this is the biggest game of the season for you non-football people), surf sessions and weekend jobs should be pau.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                                (this is the biggest game of the season for you non-football people)
                                Nah --- it means nothing at all to "(us) non-football people"; we actually have no "biggest game of the season."

Comment

Working...
                                X