What Happened to Newswire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to Newswire?

I logged on today and saw that the Newswire thread has the word "Never". What's going on?

Re: What Happened to Newswire?

Thanks for noticing that. The Newswire forum collects wire news stories via a RSS service, and I hadn't noticed it broke. Articles come through sporadically, and are also not archived - they're deleted after a few weeks - which is why, after the link broke, the system eventually cleared everything out and reported no posts (Never) on the main index.

A few have come through now, and I'll try to keep a better eye on it! The forum is just for possible conversation starters, and if any comments accumulate, they get moved to the topical forums to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
      Thanks for noticing that. The Newswire forum collects wire news stories via a RSS service, and I hadn't noticed it broke.
      And I click the above link and get this:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster
      BTW, where do you get this RSS feed from?
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oops. Fixed!

As for the source, right now we draw from AllHeadlineNews.com, one of many news aggregators. While there are a lot of wire services that publish RSS feeds, only a few have Hawaii-specific lines. Other popular sources include Moreover.com and even some Yahoo! News sections publish feeds as well.

They tend to come and go, so our source will vary from time to time.

Comment

Working...
        X