Photos from BuzzNet or Flickr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from BuzzNet or Flickr?

How do you insert photos from your BuzzNet or Flickr site to a message in here? The syndicate tag from buzznet does not seem to work here.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Photos from BuzzNet or Flickr?

You can insert images from those services the same way you'd insert an image hosted elsewhere on the web, such as from your own personal site or photo gallery.

Go to the site (be it your own, or Flickr, or wherever), right click (or click-and-hold on a Mac) the photo you want to include in your message, and get the properties, or location, of the image file, say:

http://flickr.com/photos/472680_6edc13e50f_m.jpg

Then, here on HawaiiThreads.com, click the "insert image" button () and paste the URL to the image file into the form. Voila!

You can even select the image after it is pasted into your message and assign it a hyperlink () to the full-sized image. In fact, this is recommended when working with large images. Spare readers the download and the "exploding page" effect by inserting only a thumbnail that then links to the regular-sized picture.

As fun as it would be, the automatically-updating syndication tag won't work here, or any properly configured public site, because it requires a Javascript to be executed. While a photo sharing gadget would be fine, embedded Javascript or other executable code could also be used for nefarious purposes.

Comment

Re: Photos from BuzzNet or Flickr?

Originally posted by admin
      As fun as it would be, the automatically-updating syndication tag won't work here, or any properly configured public site, because it requires a Javascript to be executed. While a photo sharing gadget would be fine, embedded Javascript or other executable code could also be used for nefarious purposes.
      Oh shaki darn. I thought it would be neat to have like 4 pictures from my buzznet site gallery be inserted into one of the messages I posted. Well I can see the reason for the javascript to not work here. I wondered about that a couple of times as I tried it to no avail.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
      X