Aloha Kakau...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha Kakau...

Ah, my first post. My first Aloha to this wonderful forum!
    So much to talk about. So much to learn from all of you.
    My family is relocating to Hawaii from the PNW, hopefully w/in the year
    maybe a few months longer. I lived on Maui for several years a while back
    and it's now time to come home only this time I'm leaving the back pack and
    bringing the dogs, the birds, the S/O and my piano music. We're going to
    travel light and cleanse this mainland out of our system.
    Haven't decided exactly where yet. Depends on what sort of opportunity presents itself to us. All I know is that we are going to grow beautiful flowers, eat poi, drink Kava and live Aloha!
    I'm just happy to be able to Talk Story, to learn and to smile.

Please translate the following for me in Hawaiian and in Pidgin?.
    'I am happy to be part of the HT family. I am happy to be coming home to Hawaii and to share Aloha with all'
    Tony

Aloha mai kaua! Pehea 'oe i keia la? Maika'i loa au, mahalo. 'O Alex ko'u inoa, aka 'o 'Alika ko'u inoa Hawai'i. Ke a'o mai nei au i ka 'olelo Hawai'i. Aloha au i ka 'olelo no ka mea nani loa 'o ia.

First of all, how much 'olelo do you know? Do you need a translation of that previous paragraph? I'd be happy to give you one.

Secondly, e kala mai, but I do not think I could "kokua" you with those whole sentences. I know parts of them but don't know just how to put them all into one sentence that sounds good to the Hawaiian ears. I am still at the beginner level. However, I am willing to help with anything else that may be more basic than this. Also, there are a few folks on here, such as Mokihana, Pua'i Mana'o, and 'i'iwipolena, who may be able to kokua, being that they are all more advanced. I hope I've made you feel welcome though. Keep in touch. E ho'oma'ama'a kaua!

A hui hou!

Oh yeah! I forgot to ask you: You play the piano? Me too! How long have you been playing it? This is my thirteenth year. I love singing as well, as lots of you already know. Haha!
    'Alika

Comment

Re: Aloha Kakau...

Aloha mai kaua e Tony! Pehea 'oe? Ua maika'i no. Mahalo. 'O Alana ko'u inoa. He 'Ewa Beach mai au. I know how to put that sentence in translation but I am relearning my 'olelo Hawai'i skills after 1 year of beginning Hawaiian language 101 and 102, 1 year of intermediate Hawaiian 201 and 202. I know some of culture of Hawai'i since I was born and raise in Hawai'i. I know some sentence structure and words but it is even harder to converse when you don't have any help. I am working on that right now. Need any help please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help.
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Aloha, third try to reply.. the system doesn't seem to like me.
        Let's see... 'submit'....

Comment

hello fellow keyboardists! I was planning on bringing mine for my visit but alas no one will make me a case less than 62" long, which is the limit

On the other hand, is there any place to rent keyboards on Oahu? website?

Comment

Hmm. Ask Alana! Haha!
            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
              Aloha mai kaua! Pehea 'oe i keia la? Maika'i loa au, mahalo. 'O Alex ko'u inoa, aka 'o 'Alika ko'u inoa Hawai'i. Ke a'o mai nei au i ka 'olelo Hawai'i. Aloha au i ka 'olelo no ka mea nani loa 'o ia.

First of all, how much 'olelo do you know? Do you need a translation of that previous paragraph? I'd be happy to give you one.

Secondly, e kala mai, but I do not think I could "kokua" you with those whole sentences. I know parts of them but don't know just how to put them all into one sentence that sounds good to the Hawaiian ears. I am still at the beginner level. However, I am willing to help with anything else that may be more basic than this. Also, there are a few folks on here, such as Mokihana, Pua'i Mana'o, and 'i'iwipolena, who may be able to kokua, being that they are all more advanced. I hope I've made you feel welcome though. Keep in touch. E ho'oma'ama'a kaua!

A hui hou!

Oh yeah! I forgot to ask you: You play the piano? Me too! How long have you been playing it? This is my thirteenth year. I love singing as well, as lots of you already know. Haha!
              I said:

Aloha to both of us! How are you today? I'm great, thank you. My name is Alex, but my Hawaiian name is 'Alika. I'm learning the Hawaiian language. I love the language because it's very beautiful.
              'Alika

Comment

Working...
              X