Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Boards; Somewhat new to the Islands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Boards; Somewhat new to the Islands.

Hey, just thought I'd drop a quick introduction.

My wife and I moved to Oahu about 18 months ago fro the Pacific Northwest and thus far I've had a hard time finding my nche here in Hawaii. Thought a good way to becoe more familiar with the surroundings would be to become more familiar with the thoughts and attitudes of some of the residents. And since it's hard to find un-biased media (anywhere) and you can't just walk up to random person in the grocery store and ask their opinion on the latest controversy, or environmental concer, or carcinigenic in our food, or even what they watched n TV the previous night; the anonymity of the internet seemed a perfect medium to use to get to know some of my neighbors. I know, ironic.

Anyhow,I'm sure you'll be seeing alot of me in the future as I'm a bit of a forum addict. Zovo is here; you've all been warned.
    Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Re: New to the Boards; Somewhat new to the Islands.

talofa lava, me llamo Miguel.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Aloha Zovo.

You should like it here. We're a friendly, opinionated bunch. We like what we like and we go off on what we don't like. You'll probably fit right in, especially if you use proper grammar and resist belaboring one point or another.

@;-)
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Hello Zovo!

I am dee Crazy One!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

E komo mai!
          'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
            [...]My wife and I moved to Oahu about 18 months ago fro the Pacific Northwest and thus far I've had a hard time finding my nche here in Hawaii.[...]
            In what ways, Zovo? Socially? Professionally? Please explain.

Regardless, welcome to Hawaii and to HT.

Comment

Welcome to the Islands. Welcome to the boards. Welcome to your home away from home........ Like everyone who moves to the 50th State, What ya see is what ya get..... A HOME IN THE ISLANDS
              OGGBOY
              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                In what ways, Zovo? Socially? Professionally? Please explain.

Regardless, welcome to Hawaii and to HT.

Little bit of both I suppose. I've found employment in a field I enjoy, but ironicly enough, I've moved from a land with no sun to begin work in the Solar Power industry.

As far as my social ties are concerned, I've met a few people via contacts I already knew before I arrived so that's not exactly an issue. Though, of the few people I know here, none of them fit quite as well into my life style as those whome I've left behind. Though i suppose it would be unresaonable to expect to create relationships in 18 months that rival those I've been tending for 10+ years.

I guess it's more of a "stranger in a strange land" feeling. That make sense?
                EDIT: Oh, and I very much miss my mainland music selection.
                Last edited by Zovo; November 20, 2007, 07:18 PM.
                Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
                  1)Hey, just thought I'd drop a quick introduction...
                  2)Zovo is here; you've all been warned.
                  1) Howzit Brah!
                  2) HaHaHa! Enjoy
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Aloha and welcome aboard the HawaiiThreads train. Glad to have you here. Feel free to look around. By the way, the people here are friendly and they don't bite. Hahaha!
                    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                    X