Aloha from rainy Manoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from rainy Manoa

Hello everyone. I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself on the forum. My name is Jeff, and I am a cartoonist/graphic artist/children's book author and am currently the website person for PBS Hawaii as well.

My PBS Hawaii office has a window overlooking the Bachmann lawn fronting the Manoa campus, and the lines of traffic that flow up and down University Avenue.

To see my personal website, you can visit www.dancingpencil.com.

To see what I'm doing with the web page at PBS Hawaii, you can go to www.pbshawaii.org.

I also visit twitter under both 'dancingpencil' and 'pbshawaii'. One is for the more personal and opinionated stuff. The other is about working at a non-profit TV station...

Hope to see you on the forums.

Jeff

Re: Aloha from rainy Manoa

Welcome to HT! I enjoyed looking at your drawings from your website

Comment

Aloha and Welcome to HT!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Nice websites! Welcome...oh, sorry...E komo mai! Have a good time and visit lots; I do!

Comment

Aloha Jeff! I'm following your dancingpencil twitter. Cartooning/graphic art is sort of a hobby of mine that I'd like to take more seriously someday. I've enjoyed looking at your work.
          Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
          Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

For 'sophielynette' (or anyone else who might be interested in art/illustration/children's books): Whenever I meet anyone at book signings or other events who expresses interest in drawing, or children's book writing, I always point them to the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. They're a national organization, but we have a local chapter here in Honolulu, and it's a great place to meet other Hawaii people who have interest in similar artistic pursuits, and even to meet agents and professionals in the field.

I mention this because the local chapter has an upcoming conference on February 29-March1, with some interesting speakers and informational sessions. The web link for the conference is here: http://www.geocities.com/scbwihawaii/events.html

I brought my portfolio to a local conference a few years back, and made contacts that led to one of my first book illustration assignments. I've also met a lot of interesting and talented people, and managed to come away from the experiences feeling inspired to get back to the drawing board.

If you're interested, check it out.
            Jeff

Comment

Welcome to HT, Jeff!
              I admire your artistic skills, especially since I have none. (It takes me about two weeks to draw a simple stick figure, and even then it's anatomically incorrect. )

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

(sings)
                Hanohano Manoa,
                I ka lihi mai,
                O ka ua tuahine
                Poina'ole.

Just thought I'd sing you a Manoa song to make you feel at home.

Aloha and e komo mai from Maine!
                'Alika

Comment

Aloha and welcome to HT Jeff! Glad to have you here! Feel free to make yourself at home and keep posting.

Alana
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                  X