Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate Agent Recommendation?

Hi,

My wife and I are being transferred to Oahu by my company. We're going to be on the island next week for a house hunting trip.

In the past when my company has moved me, I've contacted a real estate agent for help with locating a rental property. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Re: Real Estate Agent Recommendation?

I don't know any agents, but http://www.hicentral.com is a good site where you can read multiple listings, and get to know some agents when you see properties that you like.

Another good thing about this site is that unlike many real estate sites, you aren't forced to sign up just to read listings, which usually involves getting a number of nuisance e-mails.

I know this wasn't a direct answer to your question, but I hope it proves helpful!

Comment

Please check your PMs!

Comment

Thanks for the help and quick response. I've emailed the agent suggested in the PM and will let my wife know about the website.

Thanks again!

Comment

I know one not to be recommended. I know Sue knows who I'm talking about.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I know who you're referring to, LLK. That said, I'm not aware of that person's reputation as a real estate agent so I honestly couldn't recommend for or against.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinLK View Post
              I know one not to be recommended. I know Sue knows who I'm talking about.
              Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I'm pretty sure I know who you're referring to, LLK.
              Yeah, there's a bunch of folks here who know who that person is. It's a small island.
              The good news for Brian is that he's looking for a rental agent, not a sales agent. That should protect him from having to deal with she-who-shall-remain-nameless.
              Count your blessings, Brian! But if you run into an agent whose initials are J.B., use extreme caution.
              Hope everything works out for you, and please keep us posted.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Welcome to HT!
                'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  Yeah, there's a bunch of folks here who know who that person is. It's a small island.
                  The good news for Brian is that he's looking for a rental agent, not a sales agent. That should protect him from having to deal with she-who-shall-remain-nameless.
                  Count your blessings, Brian! But if you run into an agent whose initials are J.B., use extreme caution.
                  Hope everything works out for you, and please keep us posted.
                  Wow. Lika, you certainly must realize that there is more than one realtor with the initials "JB." A bit irresponsible on your part to post such things here, IMHO.

In fact, the realtor who handled our home purchase in Kailua about eight years ago has those very initials! I have nothing but praise for her. She was totally professional and super-efficient. I've recommended her enthusiastically to anyone who is looking to buy or sell and honestly, I've heard ONLY raves about her talents as a realtor. She's enjoying fantastic success, too---well deserved!

Apparently we're not the only ones who think she's pretty damn special. She is a past winner of the Aloha 'Aina People's Choice award:

>>The Aloha 'Aina REALTOR&#174; Awards Program, which began in 1998, honors and publicly recognizes REALTORS&#174; who excel in the real estate profession and is based on service to clients and colleagues while upholding the highest ethical standards. The program is sponsored by the Honolulu Board of REALTORS&#174;, First Hawaiian Bank and The Honolulu Advertiser.<<

So we couldn't POSSIBLY be talking about the same person here, Lika.
                  Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; February 25, 2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X