the HTer formerly known as ericncyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the HTer formerly known as ericncyn

...has rechristened herself: cynsaligia.

*haughtily waves in the miss america style, then rolls her eyes at herself & grins widely & waves excitedly to all of you*

i decided to decouple, at least in terms of my username, because it lately seemed rather goofy that my username referenced both eric and me.

i kept the "cyn" part of my HT username; as i've mentioned before, neither "eric" or "cyn" are mixedplatebroker's or my real names. but it's worked well enough as our monikers so we'll continue with that.

the saligia part? some of you catholics and literature lovers might already know. it's the mnemonic that makes use of what dante alighieri called the seven deadly sins:

Superbia (pride)
    Avarita (envy)
    Luxuria (lust)
    Ira (wrath)
    Gula (gluttony)
    Invidia (envy)
    Acedia (sloth)

so a very enthused hello, again, to all of you. thanks also to ryan for creating HT--it continues to be quite the amusement.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Re: the HTer formerly known as ericncyn

So how do you retain your thread count? I thought if we changed monickers, we started at zero!

And by the way, congratulations on your new HT independence! I also enjoyed reading about your brined fowl!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      the saligia part? some of you catholics and literature lovers might already know. it's the mnemonic that makes use of what dante alighieri called the seven deadly sins:

Superbia (pride)
      Avarita (envy)
      Luxuria (lust)
      Ira (wrath)
      Gula (gluttony)
      Invidia (envy)
      Acedia (sloth)
      That's (a) something that was sorely lacking from my literary education (as well as my two years of Latin studies), and (b) fascinating! Thank you!

Comment

I like it. Cyndi Lauper, another famous and brilliant Cyn, had an album called 7 Deadly Cyns, I believe.

Another acronym that works is PEWSLAG. Pride, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Lust, Avarice, and Gluttony. A useful acronym that also reminds you of what you might become if you practice the deadly sins too often.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          PEWSLAG. Pride, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Lust, Avarice, and Gluttony. A useful acronym that also reminds you of what you might become if you practice the deadly sins too often.
          "Practice"? Who needs practice? We don't need no steenking practice.
          At least, I don't.

(Congrats on the new screen name, Cyn!)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            So how do you retain your thread count? I thought if we changed monickers, we started at zero!
            Right on Cyn! All the bestest.

Response to question...

If you let Ryan know, he can put the new name to the original account.
            I changed mine's long ago.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

welcome to HT again!
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

My focus would be "the 7 deadly ZINS" great value priced wines.

Comment

thank you, everyone, for the re-welcoming. gives me the warm & fuzzies!

lavagal, re the post count--hadunno. i made the name change request, left for some errands, came back and found i couldn't sign in with "ericncyn" anymore. ryan granted my request quite quickly and even added "the user formerly known as ericncyn" without prompting in my signature (i edited that a little and put it in red afterwards).

as for the brined chicken--had to put it in cream of mushroom soup, along with the braised greens. the salt taste was just too much after a while. that's what eric and i will have for dinner tonight.

like likanui, i certainly don't need practice with the deadly sins. i do, however, endeavor to commit only one a day, and usually for no longer than an hour at a time. of course, i'm catholic, so theoretically i can say a number of hail marys and acts of contrition in order to get the free pass at st. peter's pearlies again.

saligia justs seems so much more attractive than pewslag, i have to say. but scriv, if you're implying i'm famous & brilliant like ms. lauper, i certainly don't deserve to be held in the same stratosphere as her!
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    Right on Cyn! All the bestest.

Response to question...

If you let Ryan know, he can put the new name to the original account.
                    I changed mine's long ago.
                    I may need to do that...If I get a job that requires I retire Lavamama and Lavagal!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                      Like likanui, i certainly don't need practice with the deadly sins.
                      Sounds like you've been talking to one of my ex-wives.

i do, however, endeavor to commit only one a day, and usually for no longer than an hour at a time.
                      Slacker.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X