• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: Aloha from Omaha, Nebraska

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    When I hear Omaha I think of two things, steaks and Wild Kingdom.
    Where do you think the steaks came from? (You might say the two items were not "Mutual"-ly exclusive... *OUCH!*)

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Hooo! You are in the land of cold winters and steamy summers! (I'm an ex-Iowan myself.) Here in Seattle, one of the musicians in our halau escaped Omaha over thirty years ago, and the co-owner of a Hawaiian gift shop out here is also from Omaha (she met and married a kanaka while they were both in San Francisco).
    When I hear Omaha I think of two things, steaks and Wild Kingdom.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Hooo! You are in the land of cold winters and steamy summers! (I'm an ex-Iowan myself.) Here in Seattle, one of the musicians in our halau escaped Omaha over thirty years ago, and the co-owner of a Hawaiian gift shop out here is also from Omaha (she met and married a kanaka while they were both in San Francisco).

Leave a comment:

• Babs Zizback
    started a topic Aloha from Omaha, Nebraska

Aloha from Omaha, Nebraska

I'm Babs. I'm 43 and live in Omaha, Nebraska. I've lived in 5 states, including Hawaii. I lived there from 1977 to 1983 and visited there last in 1992. It's been a while! Once you've lived in Hawaii, it's certainly a place you never forget. I happened upon this site when doing a search for other things. I'm glad I found it and am looking forward to keeping in touch with what's going on in the Aloha State. I used to play in rock bands in Hawaii -- I played guitar. You'll certainly see posts from me about the local music scene in Hawaii. I had the time of my life making music for people when I lived there.

Thanks for the welcome to these boards.
Working...
X