Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Myopic Joe :_)

Sup folks :_)

I'm glad to see so many friendly and well spoken people on this forum. Just wanted to say hi while I lurk around.

-- Myopic Joe

Bio

Grew up Pearl City. Boring. Lots of old japanese folks. Pretty close to Holiday Mart, before it became Don Quixote. Mom used to gamble at a video poker place under Flamingo's. Went UH Lab. Flirted with the St. Francis girls on the bus. Went UH. Used to work downtown. Work manoa now. Live near puck's alley.

I'm just a dull local boy lucky enough to have known some interesting people: A FBI woman who prefers the company of CIA field agents. An Army Special Forces gunslinger who's half Peruvian but can trace his ancestry back to the Mayflower. An orchestra conductor who lived in NYC but flew every month to the Czech Republic for work. A former Silicon Valley headhunter who's now the mayor of his New England town. A transsexual woman who loves it when I treat her like a lady (having the courage to be who you are is very attractive).

Fetishes

My Fenix P2D Q5 LED flashlight. Size of my thumb, but brighter than my 3-cell MagLite. Practical gift with a manageable amount of geek-out potential.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/wadefulp...77324772403554

My Swiss-made, satin-finished, S-curved, Techni-Tool #7 tweezers (part# 758TW498). With guilty pleasure I fondle this cold piece of stainless-steel whenever I can. You just have to try it for yourself. ;_)
    https://webvia.techni-tool.com/VIA/R...7/758TW498.jpg

Your personal stories. I can ask people questions for hours. I love it when they ask, "Why am I telling you all of this?" while laughing.

Fond Cultural Memories

In the food court outside of 99 Ranch, there was this grappling game. You know, the kind where you try to pick up prizes like fake metallic watches or stuffed animals, except this one was filled with LIVE LOBSTERS! :_D

Passing by a restaurant called "Pizza & Pho". Never had the courage to go in though. If I would hazard a guess, I'd say the hubby was Italian while his wife was Vietnamese.

Pushing hands with a visiting haole woman, at a Tai Chi camp. To control her arm better I would touch the soft flesh above her elbow. It started getting sensual, and we had to close our eyes. When the instructor called for a break, we both smiled shyly at each other. Unfortunately I was too chicken to chat her up. Just as well. I probably imagined the whole thing in my head anyways :_P
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Hello from Myopic Joe :_)

Welcome! Nice introduction post, MJ. Looking forward to your contributions & conversations here.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA

Aloha and Welcome Myopic Joe to HawaiiThreads.com

You will fit right in.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks already for the warm welcome, Leo Lakio & Auntie Lynn :_)
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "

Comment

Welcome to HT!

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
          Fond Cultural Memories

In the food court outside of 99 Ranch, there was this grappling game. You know, the kind where you try to pick up prizes like fake metallic watches or stuffed animals, except this one was filled with LIVE LOBSTERS! :_D
          Oh, you mean these ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
            Welcome to HT!

Oh, you mean these ones?

Haha, that's it! I'm glad you have a picture of it, so I can prove to my friends it exists.
            "

Comment

Hello and welcome. Can I guess from your name that you're a little near sighted? Or would that be a narrow viewpoint on life?

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                Can I guess from your name that you're a little near sighted? Or would that be a narrow viewpoint on life?
                LOL

Sadly both

My only saving grace is I've become aware of how ignorant I am. Luckily you can learn that from making a lot of stupid mistakes, instead of finding it in the Book of Life, which I couldn't read unless I squinted very very hard.

BTW, nice meeting you, AcousticLady, and thank you for the warm welcome
                "

Comment

My only saving grace is I've become aware of how ignorant I am.
                  So many people spend their lives searching for enlightenment, often without success.

Congratulations for being one of the rare ones, MJ. Isn't it astounding how the world opens up once you grasp this simple concept? Rather renewing, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Isn't it astounding how the world opens up once you grasp this simple concept?
                    Yeah, Leo. I'm less of a schmuck when I can remember it

You're right about it being simple. So simple it's easy to miss. Also very easy to forget. But then ego sneaks back in, I do something stupid, make-A, and I remember all over again
                    "

Comment

You're right about it being simple. So simple it's easy to miss. Also very easy to forget. But then ego sneaks back in, I do something stupid, make-A, and I remember all over again
                      Ahhh - life! I bet I keep bumping into you on this very same path - I promise to say "aloha" next time!

Comment

Aloha nui! E komo mai! Glad you're part of the 'ohana.
                        'Alika

Comment

Working...
                        X