Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Maui

Aloha all,

I stumbled upon this site and thought I'd see wassup. Actually, and as I mentioned to Ryan, the Aloha Airlines shutdown caused me to look around for some local input.

Baby boomer, moved from the midwest to Maui in 1998, have lived here since, have a SO who spends time here as well as her home on BI.

So.. that's my intro! I look forward to the discussions.
    If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.

Re: Aloha from Maui

Originally posted by Hiu View Post
    Aloha all,

I stumbled upon this site and thought I'd see wassup. Actually, and as I mentioned to Ryan, the Aloha Airlines shutdown caused me to look around for some local input.

Baby boomer, moved from the midwest to Maui in 1998, have lived here since, have a SO who spends time here as well as her home on BI.

So.. that's my intro! I look forward to the discussions.

welcome!

any possibility that you would be moving to the big island? we will be building up at mauna loa estates probably within the next 2-3 years.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads! Hope that you will have a great time here.
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Thank you thank you!

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
        welcome!

any possibility that you would be moving to the big island? we will be building up at mauna loa estates probably within the next 2-3 years.
        Ya never know! Is that south of Kona town?

Comment

Welcome! Glad to see another Maui resident on board. How are things in Kihei? I'm stuck in upstate NY for the time being - miss it terribly.

Comment

Thank you thank you!

Ya never know! Is that south of Kona town?

mauna loa estates is in the volcano village area. our realtor just came from visiting our lot up there and said that it was heavenly. no vog and a slight chill in the air. the birds were singing and it was sunny.
            "chaos reigns within.
            order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
              Welcome! Glad to see another Maui resident on board. How are things in Kihei? I'm stuck in upstate NY for the time being - miss it terribly.
              Kihei is growing, growing, growing! Cool, crisp evenings these days followed by blue sky, white cloud days.

When were you last on Maui?

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                mauna loa estates is in the volcano village area. our realtor just came from visiting our lot up there and said that it was heavenly. no vog and a slight chill in the air. the birds were singing and it was sunny.
                So long as the trade winds keep up. With the latest eruptive phase of Halemaumau, a change in wind direction could be awful for volcano village.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  So long as the trade winds keep up. With the latest eruptive phase of Halemaumau, a change in wind direction could be awful for volcano village.

i know. what will happen to my future home is all up to madame pele.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

Kihei is growing, growing, growing! Cool, crisp evenings these days followed by blue sky, white cloud days.

When were you last on Maui?
                    I was there last summer. I spend my summers there and winters here in NY. Although this summer I may only get back for a couple of weeks - long story. Yeah, Kihei is really growing. Every year I have to go around and say "that's new...."

Comment

Aloha and Welcome! This is such a fun place to check-in, it's a great time waster for me, I love it! Where in the midwest are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                        Aloha and Welcome! This is such a fun place to check-in, it's a great time waster for me, I love it! Where in the midwest are you from?
                        Chicago, and Saint Louis.... suburbia in both. Great places to be from.

Comment

I came from Naperville and Evanston, great places to be from and away from!

Comment

Downers Grove was my town for awhile in 1972ish.

I don't miss much, but I would appreciate a juicy italian beef sandwich.

Comment

First grew up up in Puako, Big Island
                              Now an Oahuan. Wish you Da Bestes'.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X