Aloha from Big Island Newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Big Island Newcomer

Aloha everyone! I am new (February) to the Big Island...moved here from the Caribbean..so from one beautiful place to another! My husband is in the hotel industry and we have a 3-year-old son. I have enjoyed exploring this site and look forward to interacting more! We are renting a condo in Waikoloa Beach Resort right now (not really my cup of tea) and are looking to buy something once we decide on an area. North Kohala and the Hamakua Coast are favorites...Mahalo for reading this ramble!

Re: Aloha from Big Island Newcomer

Aloha Robina! Nice beaches up around Waikoloa. North Kohala is beautiful. I love Hawi. It'd be my second choice behind South Kona.

Comment

Aloha Robina! Welcome to Hawaii Threads. There are lots of nice beaches in the Waikoloa area. Glad to have you here.
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I am so jealous you are there and not me. We will be moving to Oahu as soon as our hosue sells in Colorado. Our friends live on the big Isle. Have you been to the Capt. Cook area? That is pretty much in North Kona {I belive, I may be wrong}. The houses are all on the side of the mountain as you drive down to the beach. It is so beauituful there. Our friends live up in Mountain View/Kurtistown area. That is pretty but to far of a drive from waikoloa. Have you driven the island yet? You must go to Punalua {sorry on spelling} and try the Hawaiian sweet bread. They have a bakery there that is so good. Also the black sand beach is there as well. If you ever go up to Volcano, stop by the lodge /gift shop and say hi to Susie. Thats our friend. She has been there on the big i for 20 years. She knows so much about the big i. We know her form Huntington Beach Ca. Our husbands have been friends for over 44 years. {since they were in Kindergarten}.
        Hope this help. Congrats on being in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by alohatam View Post
          [...]If you ever go up to Volcano, stop by the lodge /gift shop and say hi to Susie. Thats our friend.[...]
          Have you spoken with Susie in the last day or two? Looks like she might be on an unplanned vacation for at least a few days.

Comment

Aloha mai kaua! Pehea 'oe i keia la? (How are you today?) I've never been to Moku Hawai'i, but my 'ohana and I almost did go once but went to Maui for the second time instead. Stinks as I know of a lot of people from there, most recently you!

E malama pono!
            'Alika

Comment

Working...
            X