Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Australia!

Aloha from Sydney,Australia!

My name is Anna & I am coming with my son to Honolulu from 19th-30th of May to celebrate my 35th birthday and also my 10 years anniversary of living in Australia! (I am from Russia originally).
    I would love to have an opportunity to ask local people some questions about life in Hawaii, places to visit, even ideas about birthday celebrations!
    By the way-you are all invited,let's have a picnic in Kapiolani Park?
    I am also happy to share my knowledge about Australia & Russia if you are interested.
    This is our first time in Hawaii, however I am constantly doing research via internet about this wonderful place and its wonderful people and I have read a few topics from here (so I know now where to get the best hot dog or hamburger).
    Anyway-it's about time to open a few new threads,nice to meet you all,hope to see you soon!

Re: Aloha from Australia!

Aloha and Welcome to HawaiiThreads.com Kleo!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

hello! i'm sure you and your son will have a wonderful time in hawaii. if you have any specific questions, the folks here are terrific at giving you a lot of ideas/suggestions, etc.

btw, i got married in darwin but that's quite a distance from sydney. i think australia is an incredibly beautiful place and i'll never forget the natural beauty of that place...
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Aloha nui! E komo mai (welcome)! Pehea 'oe i keia la? (How are you today?)

I believe you should consider trying Hawaiian fod, especially mahimahi. It's so 'ono (delicious)! I recommend going to a lu'au and maybe taking a hula dancing class or two as well. Don't forget to listen to lots of traditional Hawaiian music. There's a chance you'll fall in love with it as much as I had when I first heard it. If you would like a list of recommended artists/albums, please send me an e-mail or private message. Also, if you're interested, I can tell you some simple Hawaiian phrases that you may be able to use when yo meet people. Two of the most common ones, which I'm sure you've heard before, are "aloha" and "mahalo." I'll tell you some other ones in a PM or e-mail if you like. I started learning to speak the language in May of 2006.

E malama pono! (Take care!)
        'Alika

Comment

Mahalo, akrauth!

I would love to learn some basic Hawaiian language and listen to the music!
          Well-at present I must go and google word "mahimahi"-so I know what I will be eating

shaveice,1stwahine-mahalo for the welcoming words!
          Australia is a beautiful countruy,but i have heard that Hawaii is paradise on earth! Soon find out!

Comment

Oh! Mahimahi is a very mild white fish. 'Ono I tell ya!
            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
              Oh! Mahimahi is a very mild white fish. 'Ono I tell ya!
              Mahalo nui
              Kú`ai mai wau kéia
              Ehia kálá kéia kumu kú`ai?

Comment

Aloha Anna and welcome to the message board.

I'd love to visit Australia one day. How long does it take to get there from Hawaii and what airline do you find has the best deals. I can't think of anything better then flying to Hawaii, spend a couple of days, then fly to Australia for a week and then back to a different Hawaiian island for another couple of days before heading home.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysnj View Post
                  I'd love to visit Australia one day. How long does it take to get there from Hawaii and what airline do you find has the best deals. I can't think of anything better then flying to Hawaii, spend a couple of days, then fly to Australia for a week and then back to a different Hawaiian island for another couple of days before heading home.
                  I did a variation on that trip, back in 1989. I flew from Seattle to LAX, then non-stop to Sydney. Spent three weeks in Australia, and on the way home, stopped in Hawai`i (my first visit to the Islands), spending three days on Moloka`i. Can't really add anything useful about fares, as (1) that was 19 years ago, and (2) I was married to a travel agent at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysnj View Post
                    Aloha Anna and welcome to the message board.

Jerry
                    Aloha Jerry,

Trip from Australia to Hawaii takes about 9 hours...

The best deals that I found was offered by 'Jetstar'
                    http://www.jetstar.com/au/index.html

However http://www.travel.com.au/ has a list of current specials which changes all the time depending on current promotions going on.

Bon voyage!

Comment

Kleo,

вы будете иметь большое время здесь в Гавайских островах, и hopefully мы можем вся встреча до мнения здравствулте!.

DD
                      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                        Kleo,

вы будете иметь большое время здесь в Гавайских островах, и hopefully мы можем вся встреча до мнения здравствулте!.

DD
                        Chris,

С удовольствием! (with pleasure!)

Приходите ко мне на день рождения!

Аня

Comment

Aloha Anna and welcome to Hawaii Threads! Glad to have you here. If you have any questions about Honolulu or Hawaii itself, please feel free to PM me.
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Mahalo nui, achow!

I certainly will!

Comment

Wow, that Russian translator program really works ???? Niiiiiiiiiiice

Now if I could only remember what I was trying to tell you..................

Anyway, g'day mate And aloha soon

DD
                              www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Working...
                              X