Aloha from California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from California!

Hi everyone--I'm new here, but since I absolutely ADORE Hawaii, I thought it would be fun to get on board and make some new friends, to add to my ohana. My name's Lesley, and I made my first visit to the islands last August. This year, also in August, my husband and son will make their first trip there with me. I visited Oahu last year, but this year, we'll get to see Maui, Kauai, and Oahu; my husband and I will be renewing our vows while we are in Oahu, as we will be celebrating our 25th this year! We're also celebrating our son's 21st birthday while we are there. I can't wait--I'm counting the days!

I have always had a great interest in all things Hawaiian, probably because my parents and extended family loved it so much. Although I live in the L.A. area, I just never had the time, or the money, to visit. When I had the time, I had no money--and vice versa!! Last year finally presented the right opportunity, but 9 days was not nearly enough! This year, it's 15 days.

I'd love to read anything from anyone about this glorious paradise. Feel free to contact me anytime! Mahalo, and Aloha!

Re: Aloha from California!

Aloha and welcome Hawaiimama!

25 years of marriage - wow! Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful visit!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

aloha hawaiimama,

have you thought about joining a halau - hula school?

my wife, older daughter (didn't have the little one yet) and i visited oahu in 2000.

a few years later we moved and were fortunate to find a halau. it was great to meet so many different people who were from the islands and shared their stories and mana'o with us!!!

we have learned so much and think about visiting the islands every day.

the friendships we have made are strong and we live and share aloha with our hula.

food for thought.

joel

Comment

Aloha and welcome to HT Lesley and congratulations on your 25th! WOW! I hope that you will have a wonderful visit. Keep on posting. Glad to have you here.
        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Aloha nui kaua! Pehea 'oe? E komo mai! (Much aloha to you and me! How are you? Welcome!)

I'll email or PM you.

Mahalo for joining!
          'Alika

Comment

Working...
          X