Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Arizona

Aloha!
    I go by the name of thornpicker given my current geographical location and my love for cacti. I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hello to everyone and mahalo for all the useful and entertaining information I have viewed so far.

Although I currently reside in AZ, I have lived on Oahu back in the early 90's for a couple years and am currently making moving back there my #1 goal.

We just returned from a 2 week stay on Oahu visiting friends and checking out neighborhoods. While some paint a picture of the negatives of living there, I can say that my experiences were nothing less than wonderful, then and now. I am all about having a realistic attitude about Hawaii and will be glad to share my experiences as well as solicit advice and information from all of you!

I am more interested in learning about the history of Hawaii, how people live and gaining a further understanding of the culture. Hopefully some of you can help me make a decision where to live by sharing your personal everyday experiences. While we did travel all over the island and checked out neighborhoods, we still can't decide what will be the best location for us, this being my biggest challenge.

I promise that I won't start threads about the beaten to death topic of race but I might bring up topics that have already been discussed such as neighborhoods and transportation. I have used the search feature and while I have gained some important information and opinions, I still feel that I can always think of more questions and always want more opinions.

I hope to get to know some of you and hopefully I can help you as well!

Thornpicker

Re: Aloha from Arizona

Aloha and Welcome to HawaiThreads.com!

Wat you like know?

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha Thornpicker!

Comment

Welcome to HT, thornpicker!

It's funny that you say you were recently here on vacation. My BF and I spent a week in AZ last month. We visited with his mother in Prescott Valley and brother in Glendale and also did the tourist stuff in Sedona and the Grand Canyon! Depending how much it is to get out there again, we hope to go back in a few months.

Whereabouts AZ are you from?
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I live in Tucson. Sedona and the northern part of the state is really different than the southern part. And totally beautiful! I don't get up there enough. I hope you had a great time up there.

I would definitely wait to come back until October/November--we're getting into the 100 degree weather season!
          Where are you located?

Thanks for the warm Aloha!
          Thornpicker

Comment

Aloha mai! I've never been to O'ahu, but I've heard some wonderful things about it. Hope you do move there some time soon.
            'Alika

Comment

Working...
            X