Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha from HaoleWrites

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
    You could smell the burning plastic videotape from 10 miles away.
    Oh, I am so glad I wasn't there for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
      Moreno? Apple? Simi? Nowhere in the San Gabriel's hotter than Woodland Hills. Welcome btw. I'm one of us too. No, the other one.
      Ya got me...San Gabriel and I absolutely agree about WH. Damn hot! And thanks for the welcome. I'll figure out "the other one" soon, though I sorta have an inkling.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Welcome to HT and make yourself at home! I see you've dabbled more than a bit in the casting arena! I've done a little bit of that myself! When I lived in SoCal, I dabbled a bit in the continuity arena but have long since given up my 871 card.
        Aloha tutusue!

Thanks for the welcome. Oh, yeah, I dabbled in casting. Most all of the stuff I worked on was not that great (well, I was very proud of Night Court and Ned & Stacey)...lotsa bad, bad b-films. I realized the other night that I've been in the biz for 20 something years now...wow, time flies. If I had any other marketable skills, I'd be movin to HI right now.

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome. I appreciate it, but after the comment made on the music thread, I've decided that I'd rather not be here. Thank you though to those who made me feel welcome.

Comment

I hope you reconsider your decision, Paul. Every community has hazing rituals for newcomers. We poke and prod to see what a person is really like, beyond what they tell us. I'm a bit eccentric and when I started posting here I got ribbed a bit, but I rolled with the punches and learned to laugh at myself.

I can see one reason why you'd want to constantly remind everyone you're gay. It's better to find out early who your friends and enemies are. At the same time there is such a thing as over doing it. There's A LOT more to you than the fact you're gay, and flaunting it so much makes people suspicious. It's like a mask you're hiding behind, so people want to peek underneath.

Every community will have its haters, but fug'um, as long as the friendly people outnumber the unfriendly. If you hold your ground and your character remains consistent, those once unfriendly people might warm up to you.

Of course not being gay myself (I have too many hang ups), I don't know how hard it is to live your life. I can't even imagine how hellish it was for the first people to come out of the closet. If you still feel leaving HT is the best thing for your well being, then good bye and best of luck to you.
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
              I hope you reconsider your decision, Paul. Every community has hazing rituals for newcomers. We poke and prod to see what a person is really like, beyond what they tell us. I'm a bit eccentric and when I started posting here I got ribbed a bit, but I rolled with the punches and learned to laugh at myself.

I can see one reason why you'd want to constantly remind everyone you're gay. It's better to find out early who your friends and enemies are. At the same time there is such a thing as over doing it. There's A LOT more to you than the fact you're gay, and flaunting it so much makes people suspicious. It's like a mask you're hiding behind, so people want to peek underneath.

Every community will have its haters, but fug'um, as long as the friendly people outnumber the unfriendly. If you hold your ground and your character remains consistent, those once unfriendly people might warm up to you.

Of course not being gay myself (I have too many hang ups), I don't know how hard it is to live your life. I can't even imagine how hellish it was for the first people to come out of the closet. If you still feel leaving HT is the best thing for your well being, then good bye and best of luck to you.
              What he said!

It would be a shame to lose another point of view. I think it would be a good thing for you to stay on.

Comment

Originally posted by HaoleWrites View Post
                Thanks all for the welcome. I appreciate it, but after the comment made on the music thread, I've decided that I'd rather not be here. Thank you though to those who made me feel welcome.
                Don't let a poor pun drive you from this community. It's an invaluable and authentic resource if you, as you indicated, have an affection and connection to the Hawaiian Islands.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by HaoleWrites View Post
                  wow. Didn't see this response. I apologize for hurting your feelings.

pax

Comment

Aloha,

Writing is so much fun! I love writing too.

Lots of Hawaiians and Hawaiians at heart live in the LA area. I hope you can connect with some of them.

Keep up the writing and malama pono (take care)!
                    'Alika

Comment

Working...
                    X