Aloha from Grandma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Grandma

Aloha everyone...I am new to the boards, so please have patience with me...its only 14 days till we get to Oahu again(after a long 10 years away. This will be our 13th trip to the islands and boy are we homesick (LOL) We will be introducing my 8 year old granddaughter to Oahu to celebrate he birthday. Will post again after our trip..Mahalo for the warm welcome!

Re: Aloha...from Grandma

Hello and welcome.

Wow, 10 years? I'm sure you will find things have changed quite a bit, except for the humidity when you step off the plane. Be sure to tell us your reaction to Hawaii after 10 years.

8 years old is a good age to enjoy Hawaii. I hope your granddaughter has a happy birthday.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Re: Aloha from Grandma

Aloha from one tutu to another! Your granddaughter will have a blast.

Comment

Mahalo for the greetings,,,I will certainly post my greatly anticipated vacation experiences with my granddaughter...tomorrow is the day we will arrive in Waikiki...I can't wait...it has been far too long. I am sure Hawaii has only improved( if that could even happen...already it was perfect 10 years ago). I am looking forward to making many new friends and showing my granddaughter the time of her life. A hui hou.....

Comment

Originally posted by oahudog View Post
          Aloha everyone...I am new to the boards, so please have patience with me...its only 14 days till we get to Oahu again(after a long 10 years away. This will be our 13th trip to the islands and boy are we homesick (LOL) We will be introducing my 8 year old granddaughter to Oahu to celebrate he birthday. Will post again after our trip..Mahalo for the warm welcome!
          Aloha, and hau'oli La Hanau (probably belatedly) to your mo'opunawahine!
          'Alika

Comment

Well...we are finally home again from our beautiful vacation on Oahu with our granddaughter...she LOVED everything about Hawaii. We took her to the Oceanarium for a birthday lunch (the diver brought down a sign in the water to wish her a Happy Birthday)...she was so surprised. We went to a beautiful Luau at the Hale Koa Hotel...better than any others I have been to in the past....also took in the zoo, Sea Life Park, Ala Moana Center,etc.We took in a special 'birthday' celebration in which they placed leis on Duke Kahanomokus statue at Kuhio Beach...his niece was in attendance (we felt very honored to be able to be there).We went to all of our usual restaurants...Shorebird, Dukes Canoe Club, Orchids(for Sunday Brunch), Dennys for locomoco. and tried a new one Ocean House. Lewers Avenue is all aglo with torchlit streets in the evenings...just beautiful...and everyplace we went they were playing Hapa(our favorite) and Israel K. (another favorite). We still had time for the pool and playing at the beach...hula lessons, leimaking and ukelele lessons. What a great vacation..now we have to go back next summer to introduce my granddaughter to Maui and of course return to Oahu (my favorite)...Talk to you all soon. A hui hou!

Comment

The next time you're on Oahu may I please tag along with you?!

Comment

Originally posted by oahudog View Post
                Well...we are finally home again from our beautiful vacation on Oahu with our granddaughter...she LOVED everything about Hawaii. We took her to the Oceanarium for a birthday lunch (the diver brought down a sign in the water to wish her a Happy Birthday)...she was so surprised. We went to a beautiful Luau at the Hale Koa Hotel...better than any others I have been to in the past....also took in the zoo, Sea Life Park, Ala Moana Center,etc.We took in a special 'birthday' celebration in which they placed leis on Duke Kahanomokus statue at Kuhio Beach...his niece was in attendance (we felt very honored to be able to be there).We went to all of our usual restaurants...Shorebird, Dukes Canoe Club, Orchids(for Sunday Brunch), Dennys for locomoco. and tried a new one Ocean House. Lewers Avenue is all aglo with torchlit streets in the evenings...just beautiful...and everyplace we went they were playing Hapa(our favorite) and Israel K. (another favorite). We still had time for the pool and playing at the beach...hula lessons, leimaking and ukelele lessons. What a great vacation..now we have to go back next summer to introduce my granddaughter to Maui and of course return to Oahu (my favorite)...Talk to you all soon. A hui hou!
                Was Danny Couch at Hale Koa by any chance?
                'Alika

Comment

Working...
                X