Outcome of Penance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outcome of Penance

I am diffrent flavors to diffrent people.

I've contemplated with what to write about me. Should I allow this to be an informal or formal introduction.

A dear friend once quoted "I am made entirely of flaws; stitched together with good intentions".

I came across Hawaii Threads roughly 3 weeks ago simply by networking with several long time chat buddies. I found it interesting; that we all have our own diffrent ways of expressing our opinions; be it humorous or insulting, our opinions reflects our views towards our individuality.

As for me....I am diffrent smiles to the wicked; diffrent tones to the spitting ignorance. My purpose in life is my happiness. I welcome that happiness with profound humility. I am careful with my words. I dislike to play with my words. I am an old soul with a bright spirit. My opinions are the death of me at times. My imperfections reflects the quality of my honest mistakes; with patience I grasp that last ounce of humility to decipher what is wrong and what is right. I am an imperfect soul....it is daunting at times to perfect what the eye of society spits outward as perfection.

I don't have secrets; I have tales to tell. I am an endless novel of pleasure and sorrow. I dislike negative energy; I see it as wasted energy.

Hawaii is my second home. Brooklyn, New York is my home.

Life is definetly a challenge at times; it comes at you without warning from diffrent angles. It would be a vicious lie If I admit I am that humble to shield venom that spits directly at me. I am still learning to become an adult; it is exhausting at times; it is an endless process. I ask question(s) out of concern and doubt. I answer them with conviction.

I am in the finance industry full time and part time. On my spare time I am a Freelance Journalist. I am working on a degree in Journalism and Creative Writing in hopes of becoming an author. I do hope I'll have the chance to network with you folks in due time.

Mahalo and Malama Pono.
    Last edited by Seeking Penance; August 4, 2008, 11:19 PM.
    stay forever young

Re: Outcome of Penance

perhaps i'm missing something here, bcs i'm perturbed: isn't penance something one does, versus seeks?
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
      1) I am different flavors to different people.
      2) "I am made entirely of flaws; stitched together with good intentions".
      Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      3) ... isn't penance something one does, versus seeks?
      Howzit and welcome. Enjoy!
      1) Cool.
      2) I really like that.
      3) Quick definitions (penance)

▸ noun: a Catholic sacrament; repentance and confession and satisfaction and absolution
      ▸ noun: voluntary self-punishment in order to atone for some wrongdoing
      ▸ noun: remorse for your past conduct
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I am careful with my words. I dislike to play with my words.
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
        On my spare time I am a Freelance Journalist. I am working on a degree in Journalism and Creative Writing in hopes of becoming an author.
        Excellent plan, SP. I like your writing style already.

May I humbly recommend you put a little additional focus on your spelling, as there are a number of errors in your post? Just as a carver does not work with dull tools, a writer's words should also be sharpened.

Comment

I'd say you were DIFFERENT. Especially as a free-lance writer. I'd actually want to come across as someone who can spell.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

perhaps SP was typing so fast and did note the typographical/grammatical errors? maybe SP didn't have time to go over and edit said post.

"I am made entirely of flaws; stitched together with good intentions".

aren't we all? welcome to ht.
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I am diffrent flavors to diffrent people.

A dear friend once quoted "I am made entirely of flaws; stitched together with good intentions".

As for me....I am diffrent smiles to the wicked; diffrent tones to the spitting ignorance. My purpose in life is my happiness. I welcome that happiness with profound humility. I am careful with my words. I dislike to play with my words. I am an old soul with a bright spirit. My opinions are the death of me at times. My imperfections reflects the quality of my honest mistakes; with patience I grasp that last ounce of humility to decipher what is wrong and what is right. I am an imperfect soul....

Write on.

And welcome to HawaiiThreads.com

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                perhaps SP was typing so fast and did note the typographical/grammatical errors? maybe SP didn't have time to go over and edit said post.

aren't we all?
                Indeed. But most of us do not proclaim that we are "careful with (our) words," while also expressing an intention to become a professional writer. Multiple instances of the same error ("diffrent") imply more than simple sloppiness due to speed.

But I hope that this statement:
                My imperfections reflects the quality of my honest mistakes; with patience I grasp that last ounce of humility to decipher what is wrong and what is right.
                suggests an openness to correction and improvement. Were it not for the stated desire to pursue a future in writing, I would likely have let the errors in the post slide by without comment.

Comment

agreed, Leo. i counted 6x that "different" was mispelled. however, should SP decide to pursue a future in writing, his/her word processing program would perform the editing, grammar and spell check, no?

**holds up shield to protect face from being spat upon**

refer to SP's original post where the verb "spit" is used 2x.

please excuse my warped sense of humor. must be sun stroke from this morning's walk.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                    agreed, Leo. i counted 6x that "different" was mispelled. however, should SP decide to pursue a future in writing, his/her word processing program would perform the editing, grammar and spell check, no?

**holds up shield to protect face from being spat upon**
                    Not from me - this ain't a spit-worthy topic!

SP may also decide to keep their own unique spellings intact, as part of their creative art, and disagree with whatever spell-check suggestions might pop up; that's fine, too. I wouldn't want to change a thing about the pidgin-based poetry of bradajo, for example.

SP - if we haven't scared you away with all this nitpicking - please DO pursue your goal to be a writer. I have no wish to discourage you - and my comments are mild, compared to what you will someday face irl. Just push on through, if you so desire. As the Dalai Lama once said (paraphrasing from memory here): "If anything I've said is useful to you, great. If not, just ignore it."

Comment

"Not from me - this ain't a spit-worthy topic!"

agreed. no spit spat from me either.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

had a chuckle over the "spit spat." it reminds me that other, less pleasant things can be spat...like green gobs phlegm.

If sp is interested in blending his interest in journalism and creative writing, he could consider creative non-fiction. i'm in the philippines visiting family and in quiet moments, am having a ball reading david sedaris' "when you are engulfed in flames." it's a collection of non-fiction stories written with a creative flair.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Pure, putrescent, pretentious poopycock [sic].

This means your flaws are held together by your flaws. As such, what have you to offer other than yet another bad example?

"I dislike to play with my words." He says as he plays with his words.
                          "I am careful with my words." He says as he errs markedly with his words.
                          "I am an old soul with a bright spirit." Here comes those flaws again.
                          "I don't have secrets; I have tales to tell." He says, 'I know no truth, but will tell lies', as truth is always and only a secret, though often shrouded in tall tales.
                          "I am an endless novel of pleasure and sorrow." Another verbose, literary hedonist.
                          "I dislike negative energy; I see it as wasted energy." Energy is energy, reject all you wish, more remains for those with purpose.

Life is easy, the challenge is death. If and when you conquer it, you'll be an adult.
                          Last edited by salmoned; August 5, 2008, 12:48 PM.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

SP's response to salmoned already exists:
                            I found it interesting; that we all have our own diffrent ways of expressing our opinions; be it humorous or insulting, our opinions reflects our views towards our individuality.

Comment

LOL, if you believe that's a response to my post, you're in a delusion similar to the OP's. Fortunate for both of you, it is one shared by many. Therefore, Go Forth and Relate.
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X