Aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha

Aloha, Peace and Hi from Europe. I am just finding my way about your lovely site and I even have difficulty signing in but Mr Admin has been there to help me. Can I just say hello and then lollop in the background until I get to know you all ?

Barry

Re: Aloha

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Can I just say hello and then lollop in the background until I get to know you all ?
    Howdy Barry

Welcome to HT and feel free to lurk for as long as you want. Most of us don't bite here. Those that do have had their shots

Ok, I have to say this, because I can't resist:

"Barry get da ukus! Barry get da ukus!"
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Hi and welcome, Barry!
      Nope, no lolloping for you yet - you just got here! Where in Europe are you from?
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

**whispers to newbie, but not too close**

Barry---ukus are lice.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          Hi and welcome, Barry!
          Nope, no lolloping for you yet - you just got here! Where in Europe are you from?
          I am from England and I have a friend from Oahu staying in England for a visit. She came to enjoy the Beatles festival but is on her way back to Honolulu tomorrow.

Comment

Of course you may!

So where in Europe are you from? My grandmother is a native German speaker and came from Germany, and although my dad was born here in America like me, he learned German from my grandma and grandpa. I take it in school, as well as Spanish, so I feel honored to have lots of oppurtunities to practice speaking both. Now, if only there were people who were fluent in or were pretty advanced in Hawaiian here! Haha!
            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
              Of course you may!

So where in Europe are you from? My grandmother is a native German speaker and came from Germany, and although my dad was born here in America like me, he learned German from my grandma and grandpa. I take it in school, as well as Spanish, so I feel honored to have lots of oppurtunities to practice speaking both. Now, if only there were people who were fluent in or were pretty advanced in Hawaiian here! Haha!
              Sadly, Ich sprecke nur ein bitchen Deutch. Haber je parle bien en Francais. I don't mean to insult by speaking in foreign languages.

Barry
              Last edited by Barry; September 1, 2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

My friends in Honolulu call me a Howlie. Is that an insult ? They always send smileys with it. Does it mean White Boy ? If it is something worse,,,, don't tell me.

Comment

My friends in Honolulu call me a Howlie. Is that an insult ? They always send smileys with it. Does it mean White Boy ? If it is something worse,,,, don't tell me.
                  In your case, yeah - they basically mean "white person" by calling you haole.

There are a number of "interpretations" of the word - but you can safely assume they are just referring to your skin color/ethnicity, and don't mean anything harsh by it.

Comment

Sadly, Ich sprecke nur ein bitchen Deutch. Haber je parle bien en Francais. I don't mean to insult by speaking in foreign languages.

Barry
                    Ah! I know some French, but not as much as the others. Maybe you could teach me! I love learning about all the different languages and cultures of the world.
                    'Alika

Comment

Working...
                    X