Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where'd You Get Your HawaiiThreads Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where'd You Get Your HawaiiThreads Name?

It's my business name....
    Lovena

Comment

I AM POIDOG...Hawaiian, Irish, Danish, Portuguese, English (probably some other stuff too).
      Aloha,
      PoiDog

Comment

pinakboy as pinak for the filipino dish pinakbet... not actually my favorite dish but among my top 10, since got lots of veggies!

there was this guy on IRC chat and his nick was pinakbert and i thought dat was cool.

it's also my AIM nickname.
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

From my shrink.

Comment

It's my real name!
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

My wife calls me bear...I live in Hawaii=Alohabear
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

From the initial of my first name and the name of the street that I live on.

Comment

long time PC game freak.Played an online fantasy game awhile and everyone had these serious names like Drakarg and Alastra mine was Caidrik.Anyway I started another online game this one Sci-Fi and decided I didn't need a serious name and made a fun one.Fondoo was meant to spell the cheese sauce fondue but since I am the misspell king I named the charactor Fondoo.I keep it misspelled because the 3 o's look cool to me and it reminds me of all the friends I made playing that game.

Comment

Born in Saigon love dem UH Warriors

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      How did you settle on it, and what significance or meaning does it have for you?

I used KimoU previously (before hawaiithreads), for my first (James) and last names. But Kimo's much too common (right Kimo?).

In the 50s, I lived in Mayor Wrights and went to Kaiulani Elementary, so I thought Palama Kid seemed appropriate.

BTW in the 60s, I moved to Kuhio Park Terrace, but don't want people to know that I moved THERE. Juuuusst kidding.

Palama Kid
                      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

From a glam rock name generator. I was living on Guam (hafa, islan guahan! todo mauleg?) and we built websites for corporate entities. One of our designers used to kill time by finding various name generators. The full name should be Glossy Purplepants but that's way too long thus glossyp was born.

Comment

My HawaiiThreads name? I had no choice in the matter. My parents decided it sounded cool.

But, the reason why my avatar is a pineapple (and the reason my blog has a pineapple theme)...a friend of mine e-mailed the joke about the three explorers and the cannibals, where they had to stick various fruits into a certain bodily orifice that shall remain unnamed. I'm not gonna repeat it here, Google "pineapples joke" if you want to read it. In any case, my friend used my name and two others for each of the three explorers...guess whose name was used as the punch line. The nickname stuck.
                          http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

My great grandfather moved from Japan to Kekaha, Kauai, in 1890 to start a new life. At the time he worked at the Kekaha Sugar Company as a laborer.
                            Last edited by Kekaha Roots; August 15, 2005, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Meh. Not so interesting a history here. "A`ilina" is my given middle name, by which I've always been addressed.

One interesting thing--"A`ilina" is the Hawaiian derivative of "Irene," my mother's name, but in Hawaiian, it TRULY means "grave" or "cemetery!" Agh!!
                              ~'Ailina

Comment

It is? Wow. My grandmother's name was Irene, and she took Ilani as the derivation (and gave it to my mother as a middle name!). Ailina certainly sounds like a more direct transliteration.

Comment

Working...
                                X