X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hola

Hola amigos!
    We need help!
    My wife has an interview this Thursday July 21st. She is worried about what to wear. She doesn't want to overdress, but she also doesn't want to show up in shorts and flip-flops. What would be considered OK for the interview. Very formal? or Business Casual?
    The interview is with the Housing Authority in Honolulu.
    Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelito View Post
      My wife has an interview this Thursday July 21st. She is worried about what to wear.
      I can't help you with what your wife should wear, but I hope you meant Thursday, July 23rd. Today is/was Tuesday, July 21st.

Good luck!

Comment

Hola amigos!
        We need help!
        My wife has an interview this Thursday July 21st. She is worried about what to wear. She doesn't want to overdress, but she also doesn't want to show up in shorts and flip-flops. What would be considered OK for the interview. Very formal? or Business Casual?
        The interview is with the Housing Authority in Honolulu.
        Thanks...
        She can wear a suit, skirt & nice top or a nice conservative pants suit. Heels are good, stockings are up to her but keep in mind it's very hot here. If her legs are not real tanned, I would suggest stockings, at least for the interview. If she is hired, then she can ask about office dress code. Also, she needs to be aware that if this is a state job - they are talking layoffs.

I work in a more casual office so can wears pants everyday & no heels. But, for any interview the above is how I would dress.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          I can't help you with what your wife should wear, but I hope you meant Thursday, July 23rd. Today is/was Tuesday, July 21st. Good luck!
          Thanks, you are correct. I meant Thursday July 23. I was typing in a hurry last night. She is on the plane as I type now.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          She can wear a suit, skirt & nice top or a nice conservative pants suit. Heels are good, stockings are up to her but keep in mind it's very hot here. If her legs are not real tanned, I would suggest stockings, at least for the interview. If she is hired, then she can ask about office dress code. Also, she needs to be aware that if this is a state job - they are talking layoffs.

I work in a more casual office so can wears pants everyday & no heels. But, for any interview the above is how I would dress.
          Thanks for the help. I'll pass it on to her. She took some stuff, and I'm sure she can borrow something from my sister if need be.

Comment

Keep us posted on the outcome, amigo. I'm getting all chicken skin!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I wish her the best of luck on her interview, Angelito. Hope it's all that she was wanting and expecting it to be. This is exciting news; please keep us posted on developments.

SB

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Keep us posted on the outcome, amigo. I'm getting all chicken skin!
                You and me both. I'll definitely keep you posted. Interview is at 2:00 PM.

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                I wish her the best of luck on her interview, Angelito. Hope it's all that she was wanting and expecting it to be. This is exciting news; please keep us posted on developments.
                Will do, thanks for the well wishes...

Comment

Well folks, after a few months of waiting, my wife started her job with the State of HI today. We are staying with my sister in Waianae until we can find a place and get settled. I still haven't had any luck with Hawaiian Tel, but I picked up a gig with a temp agency doing cable work. It's nice to be here.

Comment

Congratulations Angelito. Did your wife end up with a furloughed job? Have you dined at Tacos and More yet? I think they have Salsa night once a week. I love that place but am very interested in your review of it. And, yes, there are very few people of Mexican heritage esp. in Waianae! I live in Makaha so we are currently neighbors, kinda! Your wife can't be loving the commute!

I have a friend who lives in town who's from Nicaragua. He plays great salsa music! And, he just happens to be the voice for Cholo's commercials!

Welcome to Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Congratulations Angelito. Did your wife end up with a furloughed job? Have you dined at Tacos and More yet? I think they have Salsa night once a week. I love that place but am very interested in your review of it. And, yes, there are very few people of Mexican heritage esp. in Waianae! I live in Makaha so we are currently neighbors, kinda! Your wife can't be loving the commute!

I have a friend who lives in town who's from Nicaragua. He plays great salsa music! And, he just happens to be the voice for Cholo's commercials!

Welcome to Hawaii.
                      Thanks, it's great to be here. The dept. she's working in is federally funded, so she might not be furloughed. She'll find out today. Tacos and More is OK. Javier and Laura are wonderful folks. He's from where I'm from, Mexico City. My wife said it took her 1 hour,20 minutes, and she left at 6am. I noticed you sometimes post casting calls. Have you ever worked with David Anthony Casting? I was an extra through him in a couple of movies (The Hangover, Get Him to the Greek, The Girlfriend Experience) That was a lot of fun, seeing how movies are filmed behind the scenes.

Comment

Aha! Just ok! That's good to know. And, yes, the owners are sweethearts. Tacos and More is unique and affordable for the Waianae Coast which is why I think they've been able to expand in this economy.

1 hr. 20 min. is a pretty typical commute at that time of the morning. Longer if there's an accident. I don't envy your wife!

I'm not familiar with mainland casting companies because I have no interaction with them.

Comment

I think I mentioned this before - but, if you want good food try "Just Taco's Grill & Cantina" in the Mililani Shopping Center. Their food is very good, they have more tequilas that you could name. The family is originally from Guadalajara (sp?) I think. I think they also have another place in Pearl City or somewhere out there. It's a family owned business, not a chain.

PS: Glad you folks finally made it to the islands!
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Well folks, after a few months of waiting, my wife started her job with the State of HI today.
                            !Muy bueno! !Que suerte tu tiene!

Tacos and More is OK.
                            Tacos al pastor en trope en Mexico estan mejores.

I'm from, Mexico City.
                            Ay! un chilango! Soy un chollero de San Jose del Cabo en Los Cabos, BCS

!bienvenidos al paraiso!
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              PS: Glad you folks finally made it to the islands!
                              Thanks, it's great to be here.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              !Muy bueno! !Que suerte tu tiene!

Tacos al pastor en trope en Mexico estan mejores.

Ay! un chilango! Soy un chollero de San Jose del Cabo en Los Cabos, BCS

!bienvenidos al paraiso!
                              Muchas gracias, es un placer estar aqui finalmente...

Comment

Working...
                              X