Aloha rene from walton ny.

Welcome to HT.

And Happy Labor Day to you.

1stwahine

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied
    Re: aloha from rene in walton ny

Welcome to HT and I hope you have a good transition to Kauai!

Leave a comment:

• rene
    started a topic Aloha from Rene in Walton, NY

Aloha from Rene in Walton, NY

aloha all, i currently live in walton ny....in the beautiful catskill mountains....and plan to relocate on october 22nd and spend the winter starting in kauai....then i plan to hop around and visit the other islands...i have a place to stay in kalaheo...i am a mature very experienced registered nurse who has emergency room experience....i have my hawaii nursing license and will be looking for some work on arrival...i am staying until mid april and if all goes well...i'd like to return every winter....since 1995 i have been living in new york in the summer and wintering in florida.... i plan to do this visit as economically as possible....i can really use help from the people on the forum...i'd like to purchase an inexpensive car when i arrive to avoid the high cost of rentals.....i've rented a car for the first week and have a budget of about $2000 to buy a car....it doesn't have to be pretty...it just needs to be legal and run.....does any one have any suggestions of where i can get one....or have one available....i'd also like to sell the car before i leave ....or better yet sell it to the next adventurer like myself...tell me how expensive is basic car insurance....will i need a hawaii drivers license to register a car??? from ads i've seen on craigs list, it sounds like you carry the registration and safety inspection from owner to next owner...is this true????....i'd also really like to spend a length of time on the big island....in the future i'll be looking for some lodging there...does anyone know of any reasonable accomadations??? or work for this registered nurse???? is it possible to inexpensively ship a car from island to island....i have so many questions....please feel free to comment...give me suggestions....has anyone else done this, and have advice....i'd love to hear from you..... we chose kauai....because of it's more rural relaxed atmosphere....we live on a mountain top in ny, and are very much attached to the land and the beauty of nature....we love to hike, golf and beach it....i love to take photos...and hunt for waterfalls....thanks all for allowing me to babble....i look forward to your comments...rene
Working...
X