Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha From Ohio

Aloha!
    My name is Michelle, I'm a relocated Wahine been living here outside Cleveland since '87. Had the great pleasure and honor to live Hawaii '74 -'84. First half on Maui, in Hana and then Huelo. Second half on da Big Island, in Pahoa. While on da Big I worked at 'JD's Banyan Broiler' for a few years and a little while at Da Restaurant in Pahoa. So glad I've always been a huge picture taker, as I have thousands of beautiful shots of da islands before all the development changed the landscape, before Madame Pele took much of the Kalapana/Kaimu land, and before the increased accessability ('revealed') allowed the most private and sacred properties and places to become rental car parking lots. Coincidence? NOT!!! (but I'm sure that is a conversation on another thread, eh?)

Though my return visits are never frequent/long enough, I carry Da Aloha Spirit with me to share with everyone I can. My vehicle helps me to 'represent'. Purple hibiscus lei framed license plate says 'I WAHINE ' with the rear and side windows full of da kine stickahs. Most prominent one is 'LIVE ALOHA' which I try to practice and pass along always. Our 'countdown' towards retirement has begun, with the hope and dream of returning to our beloved Hawaii Ne home for good.

Looking forward to meeting some of you here on da board. Please introduce yourselves !
    Mahalo
    Michelle

PS I found this forum as a result of googling 'Crater Festival' after a conversation with hubby trying to recall who played in '74/'75 when I attended. Memories are a little fuzzy 'bout it...... So Happy to have found you!
    Michelle

Re: Aloha From Ohio

I think most who attended that crater festival may have some "fuzzy" memories!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      I distinctly remember seeing Diamond head with smoke rising from the crater, and it wasn't volcanic. Very aromatic though!

Hi Michelle, I'm on the Big Island now, (formerly from Honolulu) living in HPP just outside of Pahoa. You better get back here, cuz Pahoa is changing. The old town is still there but the outskirts is growing fast.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Aloha Michelle!!

Your post made me SMILE!! I felt your ALOHA!

Welcome my Dear, to da best OnLine Forum on
        da Internet. We one Ohana hea. We fight foa
        realz but when times are tough, we come together.
        Das how it is on HT.

I'm 1stwahine. Da pupule one.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha, welcome to HT!
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            I distinctly remember seeing Diamond head with smoke rising from the crater, and it wasn't volcanic. Very aromatic though!

Hi Michelle, I'm on the Big Island now, (formerly from Honolulu) living in HPP just outside of Pahoa. You better get back here, cuz Pahoa is changing. The old town is still there but the outskirts is growing fast.
            Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            Aloha Michelle!!

Your post made me SMILE!! I felt your ALOHA!

Welcome my Dear, to da best OnLine Forum on
            da Internet. We one Ohana hea. We fight foa
            realz but when times are tough, we come together.
            Das how it is on HT.

I'm 1stwahine. Da pupule one.
            Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            Aloha, welcome to HT!
            Mahalo Everyone!
            >>anapuni808 : Fo Sure!!! Fuzzy, eh?

>>>Craig : I know. Last visit '06 , lotsa 'sprawl' outside Hilo. Pahoa town sometime get pretty rough, eh? Enjoyed an incredible meal at Paolo's. He stayed with us when he first arrived! Nice to see him again. Would be there yesterday if i could, believe me. Da tings we do fo Love, (in-laws) eh?

>>>>1st wahine.......Yeah You Right !!!!

>>>>TATTRAT.......Love your signature........
            Michelle

Comment

My SO's name is Michelle! (Never too many Michelle's in Hawai`i).

We eagerly wait your re-introduction to the `aina,and your continued participation here among the 'elite' of Hawai`i's electronic community.

We need a way to express that..... {ohana electronica?}

Aloha - hello, good bye, we love you.

K*
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Aloha Michelle from Pupukea on Oahu (where the wet sunshine is falling again for the 5th time today....) Welcome to HT! I would love to see your da kine stickers running the roads of Ohio! I spent 7 years in the Columbus area as a child.

Comment

Working...
                X