Much Aloha to All, from Pasadena, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much Aloha to All, from Pasadena, CA

I lived in Honolulu long ago, for a too-short few years, 1973 – 1977. My office was downtown and I did the Kalanianaole Highway commute from Hawaii Kai each day. My commute from Pasadena to downtown LA is not as picturesque.I have been away too long, and am planning a visit this August. I knew it would be too good to be true for the Tahitian Lanai to have survived all these years, and a google search led me to your fabulous group. I was lucky to have been in Hawaii to enjoy the Hawaiian music renaissance of the late 70’s, and over the past weekend I ordered cd’s of some of my old favorites (Gabby Pahinui, Brothers Cazimero and Keola & Kapono). In storage, I found the music charts my slack-key guitar teacher gave me some 35 years ago. I am looking forward to being a part of your great group. My curiosity about my old haunts and friends have a wide range, and my research this evening tells me that many besides the Tahitian Lanai are no longer around. The first people and places that came to mind included the Columbia Inn, Nick’s Fishmarket, Willows, Matteo’s, the Lollipop, Rainbow’s, Biggie’s, and Hula’s (and what was the name of that restaurant past the airport with the monkeys?); Primo Beer, Huli Huli chicken fundraisers, and the Waikiki Jaycees; Reverend Akaha, Kenny Kaneshiro, Carole Kai, Dan Inouye, Denise Tom, Gary Fujitani, and Dave Donnelly. It seems that even Theo H. Davies, the reason I was in Hawaii, no longer exists. Thanks again for making this group available.

Re: Much Aloha to All, from Pasadena, CA

Aloha,

(Ohh..my eyes) I one old wahine.

Welcome to HT. See you on the forum.

1stwahine
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
    X