Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

My name is Mark (Maliko), I live in Chico, NorCal, a small college town. I love where I live but like to get away to the Hawaii whenever we can, usually once a year. Like to stay in smaller out of the way places, don't really like the big resorts, just not our style. I don't golf but appreciate the beautiful courses. We snorkle, swim, body surf, kayak and looking to learn to paddle board. We also hike and really like to roll around in the sand like I was 5. There is nothing like the way the air and the sounds of the ocean relax me. Nothing better than a cup of Kona coffee and the Advertiser with my feet up on the rail thinking a little about what to do that day. I thank the people who share their paradise with me. We hae liked Kauai the best so far but I'd love to hear some suggestions. Small and simple is good, we don't bring much, less each time in fact. I'd like to know where I can rent a car that l can drive without looking quite so much like a, well you know. We are traveling to Kauai in Sept ......any suggestions of fun things to do and great small simple places to eat would be really welcomed.
    Mahalo, Maliko

Re: Hi

If you love mules, like I do (do you have one, or more?) then go on the famous Kalaupapa mule ride on Molokai http://www.muleride.com/ you'll never forget the experience. Do your homework on the area's heartbreaking history and bring a great camera. It's hard to get more out of the way than on Molokai!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by lovemules View Post
      We are traveling to Kauai in Sept ......any suggestions of fun things to do and great small simple places to eat would be really welcomed.
      Mahalo, Maliko
      Mark, my favorite place on Kauai is Hanalei and beyond, to the end of the road at Ha`ena. My favorite activity is hiking into, and camping at Kalalau valley. It is a strenuous hike of 11 miles, not to be done in rainy weather, as the trail has steep eroding slopes that lead to cliffs, etc. But it is well worth the effort. Na Pali coast is one of the world's most beautiful places, and since the beach at Kalalau prohibits ANY boat landings, hiking n is the only way, and you get a higher quality of campers.

You can check out this official guide to hiking and camping on Kauai, and check out Kalalau as well as other hiking areas.

BE ADVISED! Camping in Kalalau Valley is by permit only! and the permits get issued well in advance of the respective dates. Don't wait till it's too late. I have an old friend who runs a wonderful B&B in Ha`ena, for before or after your hike, if interested, send me a private message.

Enjoy!
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Na Pali coast is one of the world's most beautiful places
        Try and get offshore viewing vantage points, way awesome. I spent a week working along that coastline, unforgettable.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Aloha everyone, sorry, I've been away from the site for a while. Great idea on the mule ride, I had no idea and will check it out. I do love mules, have 4 of them, one I ride, one I pack, one that is an old sweetheat of a pasture ornament and one that I can't catch.....
          Looks like we will be staying at the Hanalei Bay Inn in the downstairs room of the beach house. We stayed down in Haena last time which was awesome but seemed like we were on the road a lot. The B&B sounds very cool and would make a great base for the hike. We did the 1st part of the hike last year in the rain...slippery. We also did a kayak trip around the Napili coast, had a headwind and caught a manowar tentacle but we can't wait to try it again as it was so beautiful.
          Does anynone know if we can rent a Hobie 16 for a day on the Bay?
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X