Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Texas

Hello all!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction! My husband, son, and I are considering a move to Hawaii for my husband's job! We've never been before, but we would love to get some insight on our decision!

Thank you!

Re: Aloha from Texas

Originally posted by Lucky7less View Post
    Hello all!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction! My husband, son, and I are considering a move to Hawaii for my husband's job! We've never been before, but we would love to get some insight on our decision!

Thank you!
    It's more expensive, in every way you can imagine, by at least 25%, more or less - rent, food, gas, everything

It's worth it. Living here is a wonderful spiritual gift, as well as a social/cultural challenge. You must decide if you are flexible enough, willing to change to meet your new culture, willing to tighten your belts for the exchange of wonderful tropical weather, and a mix of people who are extremely friendly and others who are awesomely antagonistic.

It's not all beaches and surfing, though that is a big part; you need to adjust to the local culture, learn how to get along with people that are NOT Texas....

There are lots of wonderful people here, more than there are antagonists (I think), but you must be aware to tread lightly.

Honor the culture and the environment; approach people with friendliness, i.e., Aloha, and you should do OK.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
    X