• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Penance
    replied
    Re: Post a picture of yourself!

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
    niiiicccceeee pic memory lane!!!! niiccceee ride!!! biker chic........yoooooohoooooooo can you take me for a ride sometime?

Leave a comment:

• sinjin
    replied

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
    That's an especially awesome pic Sinjin!
    Credit goes to my wife for the pic and manipulation.
    "Scary sweet" was how my wife described that pic.
    Any wonder I generally get a pass from the mokes when in Hawaii?
    Same with the ese's here.
    Last edited by sinjin; November 22, 2008, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

That's an especially awesome pic Sinjin!

A pic from about 2 weeks ago of me...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• memorylane
    replied

Oh, yuck!! I found the one of me on page one of this thread. 4 years later, maybe not so much better looking but definately in a different place in my life!! Wow.

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

Would have loved to see the faces of all smeared with corncob leftovers. I love festival food.

DS and I bought a sugar skull making set last year and had a great time with all the decorations!

Leave a comment:

• sinjin
    replied

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Cool pic, sinjin! Very apropo T shirt as well! Cute kids! Did you get any sugar skulls?
    Thanks and no we didn't. We did get the roasted corn ears with mayo and queso seco smeared on them. Yummy.

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

Cool pic, sinjin! Very apropo T shirt as well! Cute kids! Did you get any sugar skulls?

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Great photos with happy smiling faces.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by legal_secretary_in_mtl View Post
    Another one of me taken last night at a concert of a local singer :-)
    Hey, I know him (not personally, mind you) - Daniel Lavoie was in the musical version of "Notre Dame de Paris." (I saw it live in 2000, and have it on DVD.)

Leave a comment:

• sinjin
    replied

At our local Dia de los Muertos festival.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sinjin; November 18, 2008, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Plenty friends call me "Kenny Rodgers," for real. BUT, no can sing....
    According to some people, Kenny can't either.
    Nah, just kidding.
    But you might be able to make a few extra buck$ acting as a stand-in for him sometimes, if he's still making movies.
    TutuSue might be able to advise you on whom to contact, but she's probably distracted right now, what with Glen Campbell's song "Wichita Lineman" running through her head.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    And I suggest that Kaonohi (yellow shirt, below) looks like Kenny Rogers (brown jacket, below):
    Mahlo Nui Loa, Lika, and all others who compared my looks to famous people. More better when I'm groomed! That was on top Haleakala! A bit windblown.

Plenty friends call me "Kenny Rodgers," for real. BUT, no can sing....

Leave a comment:

• HawaiiMama
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Hey Hawaiimama...I had a poodle skirt just like that in 6th grade. Mine was purple! I wore it with a lavendar cardigan sweater that was buttoned up the back and the outfit included white bucks with lavendar, angora socks. It was all the rage!
    I remember a cousin of mine having one when I was about 5 (the late fifties); she was quite a bit older than me. You can't see it in the photo very well, but I had taken some pink ribbon and made an "L" in script writing across the front of the blouse (a la "LaVerne & Shirley"). That skirt was an Ebay find, and certainly NOT an original--just an inexpensive knock-off, but a LOT of fun, and something that will last for years!! The shoes were a pair of white sneakers from the dollar store, and then I invested in a wide-tipped Sharpie, and colored in the middle parts to make them look like saddle shoes. Those sunglasses, however, belonged to my Mom when I was little (probably about the time I remember the poodle skirt...late 50s), and I still have them to this day! Talk about FUNKY!! HA!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Hey Hawaiimama...I had a poodle skirt just like that in 6th grade. Mine was purple! I wore it with a lavendar cardigan sweater that was buttoned up the back and the outfit included white bucks with lavendar, angora socks. It was all the rage!

Leave a comment:

• HawaiiMama
    replied

Here's one from a year ago Halloween ('07); my husband would die if he knew I posted this here!! Ha! He's the mad scientist, but his hair was still damp here. By the time we got to the party, it was dried and standing straight up!!! He had test tubes from his work in his pocket; too bad you can't see them here.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X