X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExtraScoop
    replied
    Re: From lurker to member...

What's up NoCal in the House. I'm also from NoCal born and raised with family on Oahu. But I'm on the Raider side of the Bay.
    Peace.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

A big Aloha and Welcome from me too!

Aunty Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Fondoo2
    replied

Welcome!! You can now hang your peeping tom hat back in the closet

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Howzit, welcome to HT!

Leave a comment:

• NoCal Boy
    started a topic From lurker to member...

From lurker to member...

Aloha from "San Fran"!

I've been enjoying HawaiiThreads from the shadows for a while now, and decided I should finally make it "official".

Born and raised in the Bay Area and lived here all my life (except a little college stint in Los Angeles - Go Bruins!). My ties to Hawaii are on my mom's side. My popo was a 3rd generation pake from Makiki, the youngest of nine kids, and the only one to leave the island. She moved my mom and two uncles here when they were small kids. Funny how they still refer to Honolulu as "back home", even though they've lived here for nearly fifty years. So I've got literally hundreds of relatives in Honolulu, maybe 15 percent of whom I know. (Maybe some of you are family!)

I've been lucky enough to have visited Hawaii regularly my whole life, to the extent that I almost feel as if it's "back home" for me as well. My ties have been strengthened even more since I married a Waipahu girl last year at the Moana. (I've been trained to say that "she wen grad from Iolani in '86" and then from UH before moving out here about ten years ago now.)

I love how wherever you go, you meet someone from Hawaii and you tell them you have local ties and you're immediately part of the ohana. Mahalo in advance for making me feel welcome here.
Working...
X