Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha From Florida

Originally posted by lurkah
    This online resource, generously provided through the hard work and efforts of Keola Donaghy, comes in handy for me as it has the ability to query four different references at once -- Pukui-Elbert Hawaiian Dictionary, Mamaka Kaiao dictionary, Place Names of Hawai'i, and Hawai'i Place Names.
    Hey, that's nice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      This online resource, generously provided through the hard work and efforts of Keola Donaghy, comes in handy for me as it has the ability to query four different references at once -- Pukui-Elbert Hawaiian Dictionary, Mamaka Kaiao dictionary, Place Names of Hawai'i, and Hawai'i Place Names.

Thanks to both you and Glen! I will promise to polish up! It is such a beautiful language, I hate to slaughter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
        Hey, FLHaole, I'm from your neck of the woods!

Really. So where are you from? I am around the Jacksonville area now, but origianlly from closer to Gainesville.

Comment

I hung out in Destin for a while, long ago. nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by FLhaole
            Really. So where are you from? I am around the Jacksonville area now, but origianlly from closer to Gainesville.
            Born in Jacksonville, raised in Ocala. Parents moved to Ormond Beach a few years ago.
            Last edited by Kilinahe; October 10, 2005, 03:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Very nice. So if I told you I was from Starke, you would know that too?

Comment

Very nice. So if I told you I was from Starke, you would know that too?
                I know where it is; haven't ever been.

Comment

So, what took you to Hawai'i?

Comment

So, what took you to Hawai'i?
                    Ever been to Ocala? There you go.

Actually, it was school. I wanted to pursue a marine science degree and there weren't any programs in the state I liked and I knew the program at UH-Hilo was really good, so I applied.

Than I met a local guy (he's on the board--pzarquon) and decided to stay.

Comment

Live Here In Jax,raised On Kauai,went To School In Honolulu,farrington Grad.
                      Late Braddas And Sistas

Comment

I wanted to wish our HT Ohana in Florida well and safe regards as Wilma approaches. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

For those who have have family in Florida...I stand with you too. My daughter, nephew and their families brace for Wilma also.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 20, 2005, 07:56 PM.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thank you so much! I would really like to move to Hawai'i. My hubby is a manager fr Wal-Mart and I keep telling him that when an opening comes up to apply! I figure I do property title work and I am a college student...I can find something to do!

I will look into the CDs. I am really open to anything, I figure if I do not like it..oh well, I can put it on Amazon!
                          Hi FLHaole, this local boy from HI married a girl from Cocoa Beach. Her family still lives in Melbourne. Funny thing you mention WalMart... my cousin's hub got transferred from FL to manage a WM here... that was 4 years ago... they're still here and loving Hawaii.

Comment

Aloha e Shae! (screams) It's so nice to see you posting online still! Long time no chat! It's Alex from Maine! Pehea 'oe? Maika'i no au, mahalo. HT is an awesome sight. Keep posting and keep in touch with me as soon as you can, k? Would love to hear from you!

E malama pono,
                            Alex
                            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe View Post
                              I wanted to pursue a marine science degree and there weren't any programs in the state I liked and I knew the program at UH-Hilo was really good, so I applied.
                              Marine science eh? What field? Biology, Oceanography, etc? Who do you work for now?
                              "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                              "But I can't even read good."
                              "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                              "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X