Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha!

Aloha!

I am a new member in this forum and I am pleased to join in. Most people in this forum, if not all, definitely share the Aloha spirit. Most messages convey a very friendly and a very welcoming atmosphere.

My family and I are regular visitors of Hawaii. We have been visiting Hawaii every year since 1999. We might visit again next summer 2006. The first time we saw the place - Oahu and other islands, we fell in-love with the place and the warm hospitality. We knew from the very start that anywhere in the Hawaiian islands is the right place for us.

At the moment, we are processing our papers to move to Hawaii and we hope that we'll be granted the appropriate visas to live and enjoy life in the Hawaiian islands.

I am a teacher and my husband is a mechanical engineer. I know that finding teaching posts is quite easy at the moment in Hawaii, however, my husband is a bit reluctant to move due to employment prospects for him seem to be minimal in the islands. Also, I have been reading about how public schools are not delivering good results and the expensive private schooling in the islands.

With all this worries and uncertainties, we are still determined to move to Hawaii very soon.

Re: Aloha!

Aloha Lowena! Welcome to Hawaii Threads! What do you teach? Looking forward in seeing you on the Boards!

Happy Holidays!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowena
      Aloha!

Most people in this forum, if not all, definitely share the Aloha spirit. Most messages convey a very friendly and a very welcoming atmosphere.
      Aloha to you in the UK.

The Aloha (and Christmas) Spirit are alive and well around here. We may fight like siblings every now and then. But who doesn't? Always fun.

As for teaching and engineering, there's certainly a quite a bit of opportunity in Hawaii. Notwithstanding pay, albeit. In a nutshell, government (military/education/infrastructure) and private sectors (tourism/education/construction) are booming in the Aloha state.

Welcome aboard.

Oh... when and if you fly here, please don't do it on an A380.. it may crack the reef runway.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        Aloha to you in the UK.

The Aloha (and Christmas) Spirit are alive and well around here. We may fight like siblings every now and then. But who doesn't? Always fun.

As for teaching and engineering, there's certainly a quite a bit of opportunity in Hawaii. Notwithstanding pay, albeit. In a nutshell, government (military/education/infrastructure) and private sectors (tourism/education/construction) are booming in the Aloha state.

Welcome aboard.

Oh... when and if you fly here, please don't do it on an A380.. it may crack the reef runway.
        Nice one Pomai. Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for the input. Yeah we're really looking forward to moving soon. I just hope that the paperworks will be smooth.

I really had a great time reading some of the threads in this forum, particularly the 'how do you distinguish a local from a non-local'. That was fun and really interesting.

Thanks also to 1stwahine. Yeah I taught English in secondary schools before but I am now in the primary level. However, I am currently doing a research on Linguistics that's why I love reading most of the postings here. So it's a bit of mixed interest or you can call it 'can't make up my mind'.

Comment

If you like Linguistics... you'll love this guy.

Aloha Lowena

Since you're into Linguistics, check out Lee Tonouchi, the "Pidgin Guerilla." Follow this link to a short Christmas story he wrote for the Honolulu Advertiser:
          http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...512180307.html

Welcome to the forums! (But I'm new here, too. So I'm not sure I can welcome anybody yet.)

Make some noise!
          Paul

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. I will be away as of today for the holiday seasons. I'll be missing reading your posts.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X