• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my trip to hawaii!!

Originally posted by EnjoyDaRideTRD
    Just kidding.
    I don't think you were. At all.
    And if you were, the humor certainly did not come through and, in any case, was quite inappropriate.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
      I am too. And among those I consider to be the most ignorant are people who use assumptions such as "aprarently" (sic) and "probably" as a basis to flame someone else.

(Auntie, if this guy ever does venture out of New York and tries to bother you, I'll give him the WHACK WHACK for you.)

Sorry, but you seem to have no idea of "aloha". Which is probably why that girl Laura, whose photo is on the link you provided, is listed as your "EX".
      And as for your presumed list of "online friends" -- please make sure that my name isn't on it.
      Sorry if I offended you AND anyone else. Thank you as well. I was just angry for what the guy bashed about. Thank u.

-feeling small in Seattle-
      It must be the rain.
      Last edited by EnjoyDaRideTRD; January 26, 2006, 12:07 PM. Reason: I might have offended some on my past comment.
      - Manuel

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        I don't think you were. At all.
        And if you were, the humor certainly did not come through and, in any case, was quite inappropriate.
        Once again, sorry for the post, since I'm new I will go back and erase my thoughts and opinion.

Again,

I APOLOGIZE TO YOU AND ALL!
        - Manuel

Comment

Tough room.

I especially like the comment about all Japanese liking to take pictures. That's some fresh stuff there Carl. Stick around and learn something. I did. You don't seem all that bad. Really rather typical.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
            Tough room.
            Thanks.
            You've been a great crowd.
            We'll be here all week.
            <rimshot>

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I especially like the comment about all Japanese liking to take pictures.
              My Alpha Female is Nikkeijin, and she generally offers to take the picture when we're with a bunch of people who want a group photo. She likes to say that she's "genetically programmed" to use a camera. She (and her parents) are also on the short side, and they call themselves "compact Japanese models."

But that's different - she's speaking of her own ethnicity - not the same as someone outside that group doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                But that's different - she's speaking of her own ethnicity - not the same as someone outside that group doing so.
                It is different indeed. Carl just needs the HT crash course. He already got the crash part, hope he drops back in for the education part.

Anyone want to here about my trip to Hawaii?
                <shuffles sheepishly>
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I read his travel journal and many of his comments sat wrong with me as well but hey, so do most people's travel journals of their first visit to the islands. I never expect it to be any less than cringe worthy to me. I agree with Muilang, maybe a forum full of people either from the islands or with strong ties to the islands isn't the greatest place to post your first time to Hawai'i commentary and pictures. BUT it was his first time over and lots of things were new to him. Hopefully if there is a return trip in his future, he will learn so much more and see things differently.

I am also assuming everytime he referred to "Hawaiians" he was meaning Hawaiian like people say Californian and not meaning the native people/Kanaka Maoli.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I suspect that his view was colored by his wife's views on her past experiences in Hawai'i as an army brat. Sounds like she didn't get along with locals very well when she was younger.

Comment

Anyone want to here about my trip to Hawaii?
                      Hay. Cownt mee yin. Eye won too here about you're Hawaii trip!

Comment

This thread is proof of the xenophobia that permeates the culture of the islands.

I laughed out loud a couple times.

Those easiest to offend are often the quickest to judge.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I judge the previous post offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            I judge the previous post offensive.
                            But not too quickly...

Comment

Hey all, no, I didn't disappear or anything just because "EnjoyDaRideTRD" wanted me to. I also think it's amazing that a lot of people take racial traits as racism. The average Japanese male is 5'5"...that's ten inches shorter than me. I was literally taking pictures over the tops of the heads of my fellow dining mates. I thought it was funny...not racist. Additionally, the fact of the matter is that Japanese markets get the great new camera phones and digital cameras months before I do all the way over in New York. Not racist there, either...just jealous!! I LOVE my digital camera and carry it with me every single day!

I know a lot of my comments may have sat wrong with the vocal minority, but trust me it comes from a combination of my sarcastic writing style and my amazement of the whole experience, not bigotry, hatred, or...communism? Someone called me a communist? Weird.

As for "EnjoyDaRideTRD"'s other comment, hey, my wife and I both check out girls and guys together. It's called people watching, and it's the sign of a secure relationship! Additionally, she speaks Japanese and has been studying the Nippon culture for years.

Thank you, sincerely thank you, to all of you great people who have taken some time to understand where I was coming from with that journal. Again, it was such a wonderful experience.

That EnjoyDaRideTRD fellow is certainly welcome to come and express his views in my forum - it's a welcoming and open (albeit sarcastic and joking) community.

Comment

Hey. EVERYthing is racism. haven't you learned that by now?!

Comment

Working...
                                X