Who are you? Who-Who-Who-Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you? Who-Who-Who-Who?

I'm writing this to get a better understanding of the members of this forum. What's your occupation? What do you do in your spare time? Do you have any pets? Where have you lived? Any exciting life experiences? Etc. Yes, I do know a thread like this was up a while back. Yes, I'm too lazy to look it up(if it even exists anymore, plus many more faces now ). And yes, the lyrics from the Who song constitute the title. I was going to go with Who are you? and that alone but when I glanced back at it I knew I had to beat Prof. K to commenting on it.
    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
    "But I can't even read good."
    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Re: Who are you? Who-Who-Who-Who?

My post on HT ~ May 11, 2006 (Hopes and Dreams) best describes "Who" I am!
    http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=8617

For more information:
    http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog
    http://www.hawaiistories.com/lynn/

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
      I'm writing this to get a better understanding of the members of this forum. What's your occupation? What do you do in your spare time? Do you have any pets? Where have you lived? Any exciting life experiences? Etc. Yes, I do know a thread like this was up a while back. Yes, I'm too lazy to look it up(if it even exists anymore, plus many more faces now ). And yes, the lyrics from the Who song constitute the title. I was going to go with Who are you? and that alone but when I glanced back at it I knew I had to beat Prof. K to commenting on it.

hmmnn..
      -I live on a neighbor isle.
      -I am married with children.
      -I work for a living.
      -I enjoy what I do.
      -I am surrounded by family.
      -I have ptsd from my childhood and have been working through it my entire adulthood.
      -I consider myself to be very blessed, pretty normal, probably dumber than I think I am, and happy with my lot in life.
      -I look towards HT as a means of inspiration and community, but because this place is so easily googable, and having learned a painful lesson several years ago about being free with personal facts on a Hawaii-based board, I hold myself to a strict standard of discretion. This can be a bummer at times when I wanna bleed my fingerprints off on the keyboard but hey, I ain't getting younger and I know enough to know better.

aloha, Pua'i

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
        What's your occupation? What do you do in your spare time? Do you have any pets? Where have you lived? Any exciting life experiences? Etc.
        For the past decade, my job has been programming music mixes for use in business environments. Prior to that, nearly twenty years as a radio producer/host and audio engineer, along with a sideline of producing a few jazz records.

My spare time includes many activities with Hawaiian music (dancing and playing uke/bass/singing with a Seattle-area halau; co-hosting Hawaiian music shows on two radio stations; writing CD reviews for a monthly Hawaiian-community newspaper). I'm a music geek in general, so I have over 7000 albums (CDs & vinyl) at home, thus I listen to a lot of stuff. I like to read as much as possible, though it's sometimes a challenge to find the time.

No pets - too allergic, darn it.

I grew up in Iowa, moved to Seattle when I was 26, been here since (I'm 48.) My connection to Hawai`i is through my partner (often referred to in my posts as "the AF" or "the Alpha Female from Kane`ohe.") I've travelled to most US states, Canada, Mexico, Australia & Japan.

My whole life has been "an experience" - including two divorces and one daughter (now 25 and married.) Generally, I'm a very happy man, satisfied with the majority of my life decisions, and gaining great enjoyment from continuing to learn new things and to make the effort to discover how others view the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          ...my partner (often referred to in my posts as "the AF" or "the Alpha Female from Kane`ohe.")
          Hehe. The wahines are a tough breed.

Comment

Nice, I kinda stumbled in here without a proper introduction and have been waiting for a thread like this. I'll keep it fairly generic but give you couple of surprises as well.

Currently live West of Seattle. Have lived in Oregon, California, Hawaii, Florida, and Connecticut.

Chemical Engineer and consult on the side.

Ex Military

AJA

Shy (not)

Spare time? I am the most highly qualified, unpaid, taxi driver to a teen and pre teen (both girls). When I am not behind the wheel, I like to design and build Japanese Gardens.

Two dogs, a German Shepherd and a Beagle, and a cat (who is only in the house cuz my wife finally allowed me to make, keep, and chew with my mouth open, my own Kim Chee)

Exciting Life Experiences (in no particular order)- Snaking Tom Curren (twice), bailed from a moving car that caught on fire, trading two Scorpion cassettes for a coffee can full of pot and sneaking it back on the ship (no, I was not in the Military at the time, I was DA MAN for about two weeks), drinking kava in Fiji, drinking Purple Hazes in Hong Kong, collecting soccer jerseys for five years and going to Mexico and giving them out to little kids, collecting Beanie Babies and giving them out to little girls in a hospital on Christmas, watching a million salmon swim upstream in Alaska and not trying catch a single one, worked out of Dutch Harbor for four winters, every full moon surrounded entirely by water.

Last but not least. Drinking 4 Long Island iced teas in 10 minutes at my first bar, when I was 18 (which was legal at the time). The bar was Moose McGillicuddy's. The place was Lahaina. I was on island for all of 45 minutes. I can't remember the next eight hours but if half the stuff is true, I can never run for office. I remember sitting there before my liver imploded and all my brain cells started slam dancing, thinking "this is a pretty cool place, this Hawaii".

Been back many times and it still holds true.
            Last edited by nachodaddy; July 10, 2006, 04:24 PM.
            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I have two dogs (one is a Hawaii native that I brought with me), I lived in Makiki and Hawaii Kai, I've explored 3 religions and traveled to several countries worldwide.

Comment

full time writer, NL video editor, freelance writer, ex-touring musician, current professional non-touring musician with 2 regular weekly gigs, part time HTer, Hon resident, family's here except a sister in chicago (who i miss terribly but am extremely proud of), grew up in east Hon, single, no pets, tons of hanai uncles, aunties, nieces and nephews, am currently in desperate need of a shave and a haircut...and a beer...
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

I graduated from the Marine Academy of Science and Technology high school (the only high school in America located on a national park), and am now currently attending summer session at university (taking modern philosophy) to ease into college life. I intend to major in Integrative Biology, get a masters in Zoology, and attend Scripps Institute of Oceanography to attain my PhD in Ichthyology. I hope to do white shark behavioral research studies and perhaps found a Pacific marine laboratory.
                  I've lived in Aiea, Union NJ, Benicia CA, and Spring Lake NJ.
                  I'm a former First Aid Squad member (SL) and aquarium docent. I've been out of the country to Mexico (Cancun). My summers had been typically spent in the Florida Keys fishing and snorkeling as my uncle owned and operated a outboard motor repair/boat rental business.
                  I've got a chubby english bulldog.

Comment

Born and raised on Maui... lived on the mainland (Idaho), and Japan (Tokyo/Kanagawa) after UH, then moved back to Hawaii... now a photog at the Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Comment

I'm thinking this thread should be merged with the

"Let it all hang out" thread!

Is there a need to repeat ourselves?
                      Last edited by damontucker; July 10, 2006, 07:00 PM. Reason: commentary?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        I'm thinking this thread should be merged with the

"Let it all hang out" thread!

Is there a need to repeat ourselves?
                        For once Manoa, I completely agree with you!

Auntie LYNN
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                          Nice, I kinda stumbled in here without a proper introduction and have been waiting for a thread like this. I'll keep it fairly generic but give you couple of surprises as well.

Currently live West of Seattle. Have lived in Oregon, California, Hawaii, Florida, and Connecticut.

Chemical Engineer and consult on the side.

Ex Military

AJA

Shy (not)

Spare time? I am the most highly qualified, unpaid, taxi driver to a teen and pre teen (both girls). When I am not behind the wheel, I like to design and build Japanese Gardens.

Two dogs, a German Shepherd and a Beagle, and a cat (who is only in the house cuz my wife finally allowed me to make, keep, and chew with my mouth open, my own Kim Chee)

Exciting Life Experiences (in no particular order)- Snaking Tom Curren (twice), bailed from a moving car that caught on fire, trading two Scorpion cassettes for a coffee can full of pot and sneaking it back on the ship (no, I was not in the Military at the time, I was DA MAN for about two weeks), drinking kava in Fiji, drinking Purple Hazes in Hong Kong, collecting soccer jerseys for five years and going to Mexico and giving them out to little kids, collecting Beanie Babies and giving them out to little girls in a hospital on Christmas, watching a million salmon swim upstream in Alaska and not trying catch a single one, worked out of Dutch Harbor for four winters, every full moon surrounded entirely by water.

Last but not least. Drinking 4 Long Island iced teas in 10 minutes at my first bar, when I was 18 (which was legal at the time). The bar was Moose McGillicuddy's. The place was Lahaina. I was on island for all of 45 minutes. I can't remember the next eight hours but if half the stuff is true, I can never run for office. I remember sitting there before my liver imploded and all my brain cells started slam dancing, thinking "this is a pretty cool place, this Hawaii".

Been back many times and it still holds true.

Did we date?

@
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

thanks. I just spit my dinner on my keyboard.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              For once Manoa, I completely agree with you!

Auntie LYNN
                              Opposites attract

Comment

Working...
                              X