Re: Howzit from San Antonio

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    I was sober when I posted that...
    I wasn't last night and OMG!

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

I was sober when I posted that...wtf was I thinking? I knew it wasn't the seahawks... doh!

geez...

Ok I can breath a sigh of relief...

what would they have called the seahawks.... the soonhawks? Soonics... works much better

Geez... I can't believe I never caught this fu myself!

Everyone here on HT knows my love for the Seahawks! If they got sold... then you'd really be hearing a Hissy fit other than just the casual post! I truly meant the sonics.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    My beloved Seahawks just got bought by a bunch of Investors from Oklahoma! I'm gonna be if they freaking move there!
    Stand down, my friend - it was the basketball teams that were bought - the Supersonics and the Storm.

Sold off by Howard Schultz, who decided that he didn't want to spend his own millions of Star-Bucks (he is the founder/owner of the coffee company) to renovate their playspace, the Key Arena at Seattle Center; he wanted the city to pony up the money instead.

And since the city put a lot of money into Safeco Field (for the Mariners) and Qwest Field (for the Seahawks), why shouldn't he ask? Well..."demand" was more like it.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Thank you for that tidbit about why you may never get a football team...

My beloved Sonics just got bought by a bunch of Investors from Oklahoma!
    I'm gonna be if they freaking move there!

Good luck on your move to Hawaii! I don't think we will ever have any PRO sport due to our location... well I mean major Pro sport... we do have surfing!
    Last edited by damontucker; August 7, 2006, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LocalMotion
    replied

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
    SAT=San Antonio I'm guessing.
    correct SAT is the airport code for San Antonio, and lots just use SAT instead of san antonio

Leave a comment:

• LocalMotion
    replied

aloha!

i live in san antonio... and will be moving to oahu in the next month or two. i have a brother and sister that were born and raised on maui. my brother stills lives there, he's 29, and my sister moved to san antonio.

shoot me a message and we can talk about it.

laterz

p.s. San Antonio is never getting a pro football team, sad but true. Jerry Jones won't let that happen (he's the owner of the dallas cowboys). dallas has a huge support base in san antonio, so jerry would lose most those fans. also we've had 2 NFL owners from san antonio and they couldn't get their respective teams here (reb mccombs - vikings, tom benson - saints). it would be nice to add another championship caliber sport to SA along with the Spurs!

Leave a comment:

• kenike
    replied

Aloha Hele,

I am in El Paso. I lived in Waiane for 10 years and moved away. I would liked to keep in touch! Take care Kenike

Leave a comment:

• Whitepoint3rchum
    replied

SAT=San Antonio I'm guessing.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Howdy partner!

What is SAT?

I guess i'm not in it.

By the way.... when is San Antonio going to get a Pro FB team?

Leave a comment:

• hele
    started a topic Howzit from San Antonio

Howzit from San Antonio

Howzit,

I was forced to move to San Antonio a few years ago but return home ever 6 months or so. Anybody else in SAT?

Aloha
Working...
X