Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Just jumped on board, thought I would take a moment to say hi. Quick intro...

My name is Song. Local boy, lived on both coasts, some time in Asia, all over really, moved back a while back with no real plans of leaving again. I live in downtown and work in Manoa. I'm in Marketing/Comm, most of my experience being with cause based organizations or High Tech companies.

Any more and I'm going to start feeling like this is a confessional so I'll leave it that. Look forward to meeting everyone and of course actively spying on all of your conversations with one another

Re: Hello everyone

Aloha and Welcome to HT Song! Like your screen name! Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by song View Post
      [...]Look forward to meeting everyone and of course actively spying on all of your conversations with one another
      Oh, but I'm 'invisible' so you'll need to get really creative to spy on my conversations. What? You can see this message? With a name like Song I just knew you were creative. Way to go...and welcome to HT!

Comment

Welcome to HT Song..... enjoy your time here.
        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
        Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you, I like it here already. I'll see each of you around I'm sure

Comment

"sing.... sing a song... let.." just kidding song... welcome to ht.....

now can anyone tell me what song I was referring to... is it sesame street or something..... where do I get this "sing a song" lyric in my head from? good thing I'm reading this before I go sleep ... i'd hate to hate that "sing....sing a song.. " in my head all day tomorrow.!

Leo Lakio... the voice of the radio... help me with the lyrics here???? why am I blanking... am I making up a song in my head?
            Last edited by damontucker; October 3, 2006, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Gordon the store keeper used to sing it to the kids on Sesame Street when it was raining outside, or they were feeling glum about something.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Aloha, Song! A very warm welcome to you! Love your name, it's way cool!

Hmmm...I'm thinking it was maybe...Neil Diamond? Or, am I just thinking about "Song Sung Blue"? Or did he do one that went like that, too? Eight years as a nightclub/party DJ, and you think I'd KNOW that....

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/toivng/singasong.html
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

LOL , I believe you all are referring the Carpenter's Song "Sing". It had a chorus that went...

"Don't worry that it's not good enough
                    for anyone else to hear
                    Just sing, sing a song."

Then there was this high pitch gaggle of children going "LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LAAAAHHHHH!"

The other ones I hear the most are "Song Sung Blue" and "Sad Song's Say So Much" but only I hear that one when I'm in a blue mood, you would think "Song Sung Blue" would be appropo since its got the word "blue" in it, but I think that a little too old school for most...am I rambling? I think I'm rambling. Anyway, my favorite is when every once in a while someone goes for the gusto and busts out random ones like "Let me see your Song, Su-song, song, song" ala "The Thong Song".

If you are wondering why I have such a developed opinion on the topic, I guess I should let ya'll know my real name is Song too. So, yes I have heard them ALL my friends. Couldn't tell you which of these are my favorites though...I am my own favorite Song after all I can't believe I typed that, way too late for public communication. Night all!

Comment

I can relate to that, Song...Hope is my real name, and I've heard every Hope joke in the book, LOL! Oh, but the "Hopie-Dopie" really STANK as a kid! LOL!

Comment

I was getting lunch in High School one day, I sat down in the cafeteria and my friend came over to sit down. She invited a few others that were near us and all of sudden you had Song, Faith, Hope, Charity and wouldn't you know it...Melody sitting at a table together.

Greetings were shared, laughter soon followed and it makes me laugh to this very day. simpler times.

Comment

Originally posted by song View Post
                          [...] and all of sudden you had Song, Faith, Hope, Charity and wouldn't you know it...Melody sitting at a table together.[...]
                          I have FAITH that, HOPEfully, someone saw a great photo op in that gathering! Poop...can't work the other names into this silly reply 'cuz I'm outta time!

Comment

"Sing" was from "Sesame Street" originally, and the Carpenters did have a hit with it. For the sake of accuracy, Gordon was a schoolteacher - (the late) Mr. Hooper was the shopkeeper.

Written by Joe Raposo, who was responsible for many of the show's iconic songs in its first few seasons (along with Jeffrey Moss), like "Bein' Green" and the show's theme song (as well as the theme to "Three's Company"); he passed away in 1989. Many of the folks on the show have sung this, but the first time was credited to "the Kids." It first appeared on record in 1971's "Sesame Street 2" album, which included Spanish lyrics by Emilio Delgado, who played "Luis" on the program.

Comment

Welcome from the Oregon pink chick, Song.
                              Have fun! Get ready for the ride...please do not stick your head out the window while the vehicle is moving...not the first time anyways!
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                              X