Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Chicago! and...Go Bears!

Aloha all!

Visited O'ahu Dec. 2004 with my wife. Although we flew back to Chicago early January 2005, my heart never left Hawai'i. I've also been fortunate enough to visit Kaua'i in Feb. 2006 for business. Now I find myself trying every way to get back to Hawaii, whether it be through programs on the Travel channel, our pictures from our trips, music and the internet. After finding HT and reading lots of posts, I feel just a little bit closer...

The weather and location are awesome to be sure. However, I fell in love with the people and Aloha spirit that most seemed to have. (Please don't flame me for that, Kimo :P) My cousin married an O'ahu local when he was on the mainland for college. They then moved back with their kids. When we visited them, her husband took me around to lotsa local spots, (awesome grinds), introduced me to his brahs who also were so friendly to me. They were even tryin to teach me some pidgin. Maybe it's because I'm of Filipino descent and I could look like a local a little easier. I don't know. Whatever it was, it made me wish I could stay there.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello! I hope to someday visit again in the near future.

Cali

Re: Aloha from Chicago! and...Go Bears!

Welcome, Cali. Sumthin' tells me if Kimo lights another flame in the Introductions forum, admin will have something else to say about it!

Keep posting!

Comment

Welcome to HT!

I'm the opposite from you I think...I'm from Hawaii and first visited Chicago in 2004 (I try to go often), and MY heart never left! The places I've been were wonderful, but in the end it was the friends I made that left the lasting impression.

Can't wait to go back in June!
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Tnx for the greetings, ladies.

Chicago is a wonderful city. Maybe grass greener otherside thing is correct. Next time ur in town Lei, let us know.

BTW, anyone watch the Hula bowl? Local boy Ilaoa fr U of Hawai'i did really well today, although his team lost. Just watchin scenes of Oah'u today made me smile.

Comment

Working...
        X