Aloha to all Na'au Pono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha to all Na'au Pono

Hello everyone, yet another person captivated by the sun/sand/green/culture. I will be moving over to Kauai in September. I have place to live, friends/family living there and the island spirit to endure all of the minor inconveniences /issues that people struggle with when they decide to take the plunge and move to paradise. I do have some practical questions that I will post on the "Moving Thread", but I just wanted to stop by and say Aloha and introduce myself.

I am currently living in San Francisco. I have lived in the Bay Area for most of my life, (Marin & Sonoma). I lived in the West Indies for nine years, (Jamaica) however I’ve been back in the city for ten years now and I’m am craving the “Island” life. I have made many trips to Kauai so I have a pretty good idea what to expect. I am interested in Hawaiian culture (BA in Anthropology) and hope to connect with people living on Kauai that are of like mind. Hula is my passion and I enjoy dancing and watching. I am of Portuguese, (AzoresIslands) decent and possibly have some distant relatives still living on Kauai.

Hope to learn and make new friends here…

"When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Re: Aloha to all Na'au Pono

Welcome back to HT, Greentara. What made you change your mind from moving to the Big Island to moving to Kauai? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Comment

Don't mind you asking at all. The Mana embraced me and the beauty captivated me. I am a beach/water person and the endless beaches on Kauai is my definition of paradise. I also have some very good friends that live there and they are very supportive about my becoming part of the ohana. I did visit Hawaii Island, (where my sister lives) and although it is beautiful and would be my second choice the path definitely pulled me to Kauai. Don’t know if it’s the incredible black etched mountains or the lush green jungle (north shore) or the many, many places of cultural interest, but what ever it is it’s the place for me. Virtually no night life but that's ok because the beauty of the Island is enough to fill my senses...
      Last edited by greentara; March 11, 2007, 10:31 AM. Reason: add another line
      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
        Don't mind you asking at all. The Mana embraced me and the beauty captivated me. I am a beach/water person and the endless beaches on Kauai is my definition of paradise. I also have some very good friends that live there and they are very supportive about my becoming part of the ohana. I did visit Hawaii Island, (where my sister lives) and although it is beautiful and would be my second choice the path definitely pulled me to Kauai. Don’t know if it’s the incredible black etched mountains or the lush green jungle (north shore) or the many, many places of cultural interest, but what ever it is it’s the place for me. Virtually no night life but that's ok because the beauty of the Island is enough to fill my senses...
        You simply must embrace the Huna spirit...

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
          You simply must embrace the Huna spirit...
          That is my goal Windward...

Comment

Working...
          X