Oahu Girl in da Midwest!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oahu Girl in da Midwest!!

Howzit pplz!!! I'm 30 years old and a local girl originally from Oahu, Hawaii- born, bred, and raised. Never left for the mainland ever...until I followed a crazy haole boy (came to see me in Hawaii 4 times cuz he's lolo imo <_< hehe jk jk) home^^ I fell in love with him and left to follow my heart. Which brought me out to Illinois. I have been here for a year and just kinda googled forums and this one seemed interesting to me...so I figured das da one fo me!!! I am part-Hawaiian and total mutt-mix ...too much to name frankly so...we will leave that be. It is funny...my fiance...has taught me to love my home and more so now then ever. I miss it everyday...but nice to make little stuff that remind me of home like...Haupia and azuki bean icecream (came out okay) oh and Li hing mui pineapples. I love sharing my stories of growing up in Hawaii and sharing my culture and history that my friends here don't know about. What I am happy for is that...the love of my life has agreed that should we have kids sometime later...he wants them to have a Hawaiian first name-- and have pride in who they are--since when we get married only I will have my Hawaiian name and they won't ( I plan on hyphenating it). Just letting you ppl who are from Hawaii out here in Chicago...eh..get Aloha Grill!!!! mmm...yummy ono plate lunches^^ Only place I can get my dose of Guava nectar too @_@....
    Well thanks and I'm glad I'm here!!! Time to share da aloha spirit^^ Ahui hou^^

Re: Oahu Girl in da Midwest!!

Aloha and welcome Kaleo76 to HawaiiThreads.com! Looking forward to seeing you on the boards. No need to shout...we hear you loud and clear!

Love and ALOHA!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
    X