2 from Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 from Virginia

Hello all! My husband and I will be moving to Oahu. My husband has a job waiting for him and he will be out by September. I will follow either in December or May. We have plenty of questions, so you'll be hearing from us.

So glad I found this place
    Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility. - Sigmund Freud

Re: 2 from Virginia

Welcome to HT.

We are in VA too(Fairfax and Virginia beach), heading to Oahu on Set 4th.

Great board here, lots of very informative people that I am sure will be helpful.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Welcome to HT! If you're here in December, I hope you won't miss having a white Christmas since it's hard (not impossible but hard) to find snow in the islands

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        Welcome to HT! If you're here in December, I hope you won't miss having a white Christmas since it's hard (not impossible but hard) to find snow in the islands
        Actually, I hate snow! I'm soo tired of being cold in the winter. I grew up in Md and we actually get very little snow here in southern Va...however, it sure can get cold enough! I'm looking forward to tropical winters
        Give me a palm tree any x-mas.
        Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility. - Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hey Foxy, I just moved to southern Virginia!
          But from Oregon not Hawaii. I am the HT transient. I just walked in off the street!
          Welcome to the board.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Aloha kaua! Pehea 'oe? Maika'i no au, mahalo. Pehea kou kane? 'O Alex ko'u inoa, aka 'o 'Alika ko'u inoa Hawai'i. He kaikamahine au. Ke a'o mai nei i ka 'olelo Hawai'i. Aloha au i ka 'olelo no ka mea nani 'o ia.

Do you need a translation of that? I'd be happy to provide one for you if you like.

Mahalo,
            'Alika
            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
              Aloha kaua! Pehea 'oe? Maika'i no au, mahalo. Pehea kou kane? 'O Alex ko'u inoa, aka 'o 'Alika ko'u inoa Hawai'i. He kaikamahine au. Ke a'o mai nei i ka 'olelo Hawai'i. Aloha au i ka 'olelo no ka mea nani 'o ia.

Do you need a translation of that? I'd be happy to provide one for you if you like.

Mahalo,
              'Alika

Yes, I'd love a translation! My husband and I plan to learn some of the basics of Hawaiian so we can at least pronounce street signs...even if we won't always know what they mean

Comment

Welcome to HT ~ Great place...for the most part you will find much Aloha here.
                "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

I said:
                  Hello to both of us! How are you? I'm good indeed, thank you. How's your husband? My name is Alex, but my Hawaiian name is 'Alika. I'm a girl. I'm learning the Hawaiian language. I love the language because it's beautiful.
                  E kala mai for all you 'olelo speakers out there. I don't know if you guys noticed, but in the last sentence, I accidentally forgot to put the subject, "au," in it. It should have said: "Ke a'o mai nei au i ka 'olelo Hawai'i."
                  'Alika

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the translation, that's pretty cool

Comment

Sorry guys, I've been away for 3 weeks. I know this thread is kinda dead, but I just wanted to say this to you: Email me with any questions you may have about the Hawaiian language. I can answer them for you.
                      'Alika

Comment

Working...
                      X