Aloha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha!

Aloha all. I'm hoping to get some feedback from some local folks.

I'm in the process of moving to O'ahu; and I will be arriving in Honolulu on the 26th of this month...hoping to secure a nice place for August 1st (have seen a number of seemingly nice places on Craingslist, etc.).

I have been looking and looking for a decent (in all aspects) hotel to stay at for the week of the 26th - 1st. I've checked on dozens of sites; read more reviews then I can even remember...however; I would still like to run this past the experts.

I have tenatively booked a Deluxe Wave room @ the Aqua Waikiki Wave hotel (formerly Aqua Coral Reef Hotel prior to the renovations). This hotel seems to have good reviews by the vast majority of people; it looks very nice from all the pics I have seen; the people I have spoken to there via phone have been very nice and helpful and due to me moving there, they have agreed to provide me with the Kama `Aina rate.

It's just me - I don't need 5+ Star accomodations; just a decent, safe and comfortable place to stay while I tour around to see potential places to rent.

Can I get some input on this place from anyone that is in the Waikiki area (or have stayed there).

I can still cancl the reservations with no penalty - but need to have a place booked for my arrival on the 26 of July through the 1st of August.

The only EXTRA that I need to have is High Speed Internet access (no charge) - otherwise I can't work.

Looking forward to any and all input and suggestions. I can't wait to get there - and want it to be as smooth & enjoyable a transition as possible.
    Mahalo,
    *~AJ~*

Re: Aloha!

Oh - and as an add-on ....

If anyone knows of a nice room in a shared furnished place specifically in the Hawai'i Kai area - please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Mahalo,
    *~AJ~*

Comment

Aloha back atcha! I wasn't familiar with Aqua Waikiki Wave hotel so checked out the link you provided. My first impression is it's in a very noisy location. Some of the reviews confirmed my other suspicion based on it's location on Kuhio Ave.!

FWIW I'll pass along something I learned just today. It's not a recommendation; rather, just something to maybe look into. For the month I've been in my new condo near the Ilikai, I've wondered about the Holiday Inn Waikiki that's a couple of driveways away from my building's driveway. I walked past it this morning with a friend and asked her if she knew anything about it. She didn't. So I did a search and, to my surprise, it gets some pretty good reviews! I don't know what the room rate range is.

Just a thought!

Comment

Mahalo for the reply.

I too read that it was a noisy area - but most all reviews stated that the Deluxe Wave rooms - which are just the rooms on the upper floors are not plagued with this being a real problem. I was able to secure it for $138/night (Kama`Aina rate = 15% discount).

I'm a sound sleeper - so the possibility of this place being a little louder isn't really an issue for me. I'd rather have a larger room in a noisier location - as I hate living out of a hotel (used to travel for work and had to do the hotel thing far too much).

I'll look into the Holiday Inn too. Thanks for your input!

Cheers!
        Mahalo,
        *~AJ~*

Comment

If you don't need to be in Waikiki try the Pagoda Hotel near the Ala Moana Shopping Center....If you are just looking for someplace to lay your head and shower this should do and it won't break your bank...great restaurants within walking distance and Wal-Mart -about $99 a night.....Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X