HawaiiThreads Mini-Contest: Logos, Buildings, and Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HawaiiThreads Mini-Contest: Logos, Buildings, and Art

Even though I was only "playing along at home," as it were, I had a blast. I thought this was great, a "wish I'd thought of that" flash of fun brilliance. I know it was a bit of work, but it was a great project all around. Thanks and kudos!
    I certainly won't do the photo thing again until next summer, unless someone else (Blaine! Ryan!) wants to give it a shot! It would be fun for me to be a contestant for a change!
    Hey, if folks don't mind a rotating game master, I was actually thinking of picking up the next round. Lord knows I have more than a few photos, and the "logos" part of the triumvirate was, for me, the most fun... it'd be great to go hunting for local icons!

Comment

Yeah that was fun Scriv. I stopped playing seriously after driving around town aimlessly for hours saying to myself "where did I see that, where did I see that, where..." and my wife telling me "honey, let's go home already!"

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
        Yeah that was fun Scriv. I stopped playing seriously after driving around town aimlessly for hours saying to myself "where did I see that, where did I see that, where..." and my wife telling me "honey, let's go home already!"

same here. I was getting hooked then realised spending too much time on it. Hadda get back to work and to relating to people in person....

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Hey, if folks don't mind a rotating game master, I was actually thinking of picking up the next round. Lord knows I have more than a few photos, and the "logos" part of the triumvirate was, for me, the most fun... it'd be great to go hunting for local icons!
          geev um, bradda! i'll stay tuned...
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Hey, if folks don't mind a rotating game master, I was actually thinking of picking up the next round. !

Go for it Ryan!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

There's a picture of the Nagasaki Peace Bell on page A-3 of today's Star-Bulletin, and a picture of my mom (with the Japanese Consul General) placing a lei at its base.

Oh, and on the last page of that section is a picture of Ashley Kaneshiro, one of my former English students.

I feel famous-in-law.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Some magazine or another has a section for readers to write in and tell about their "brush with history." Looks like it was your turn.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                X