X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkmeister
    replied
    Re: HawaiiThreads Mini-Contest: Logos, Buildings, and Art

Some magazine or another has a section for readers to write in and tell about their "brush with history." Looks like it was your turn.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

There's a picture of the Nagasaki Peace Bell on page A-3 of today's Star-Bulletin, and a picture of my mom (with the Japanese Consul General) placing a lei at its base.

Oh, and on the last page of that section is a picture of Ashley Kaneshiro, one of my former English students.

I feel famous-in-law.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Hey, if folks don't mind a rotating game master, I was actually thinking of picking up the next round. !

Go for it Ryan!

Leave a comment:

• jdub
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Hey, if folks don't mind a rotating game master, I was actually thinking of picking up the next round. Lord knows I have more than a few photos, and the "logos" part of the triumvirate was, for me, the most fun... it'd be great to go hunting for local icons!
    geev um, bradda! i'll stay tuned...

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by cezanne
    Yeah that was fun Scriv. I stopped playing seriously after driving around town aimlessly for hours saying to myself "where did I see that, where did I see that, where..." and my wife telling me "honey, let's go home already!"

same here. I was getting hooked then realised spending too much time on it. Hadda get back to work and to relating to people in person....

Leave a comment:

• cezanne
    replied

Yeah that was fun Scriv. I stopped playing seriously after driving around town aimlessly for hours saying to myself "where did I see that, where did I see that, where..." and my wife telling me "honey, let's go home already!"

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Even though I was only "playing along at home," as it were, I had a blast. I thought this was great, a "wish I'd thought of that" flash of fun brilliance. I know it was a bit of work, but it was a great project all around. Thanks and kudos!
    I certainly won't do the photo thing again until next summer, unless someone else (Blaine! Ryan!) wants to give it a shot! It would be fun for me to be a contestant for a change!
    Hey, if folks don't mind a rotating game master, I was actually thinking of picking up the next round. Lord knows I have more than a few photos, and the "logos" part of the triumvirate was, for me, the most fun... it'd be great to go hunting for local icons!

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

This was a fun little exercise and made me aware of a few places that I should see for myself and add to my collection of digital pictures that I have of this island and the Big Island. Mahalo!

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Are you kidding? All I did was take pictures of stuff and then post them. Most of the info I posted was copied off a placard or from that walking-tour pamphlet. I don't have any rights to this stuff. Do whatever you want with it! But, uh, don't tell people YOUR mom rang the Nagasaki Peace Bell!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Mahalo Scriv. Sorry about posting some answers a day earlier...as you said I'm psychic! I didn't get the points but it was fun, fun, fun!

Auntie Lynn aka Autnie Pupule

I miss it cause at 8:45 pm., I use to rush in posting. Can't wait till the next one. I'll tell my Angels to tell me the day not the day before! LOL

Leave a comment:

• jdub
    replied

yo, scriv...nice work, man...i didn't get to play much due to recent personal and professional turmoil, but plan to next time around...mahalo for the effort on our collective behalf...

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

I absolutely loved this activity. I will certainly participate next time. I think it's a great idea to save this for trivia parties. Scrivener, it was your work. What say you?

Leave a comment:

• Moto
    replied

Thank You, Scrivener, for keeping us entertained and challenged at the same time with some tough (I guess for some it wasn't so tough, but it was tough for me) pictures and logos. Thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

A big mahalo to scrivener for putting this contest together and managing all the responses! Scriv, if you don't mind I'd like to save all this stuff up to use at my next office Christmas party. This was a lot of fun, and I'm not just saying that because I won.

Leave a comment:

• Linkmeister
    replied

It was a lot of fun, but I really should get out more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X