Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HawaiiThreads Trivia Game (2nd Edition)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HawaiiThreads Trivia Game (2nd Edition)!

Good job again Scriv. I didn't participate but it was one of my lurk threads.
    Scriv rocks ...nuffsed

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
      Yes, I concur. Teachers ROCK. I know a whole bunch of really, really cool ones.
      And while I'm at it, we haven't heard from TiptoeTulip lately, but you can just tell... The kids in her class, who are probably not even aware of it right now, are enjoying a school year with a really cool teacher. One day, in the future, they'll remember their classes with "Ms. Tulip" with great fondness.

I hope one or two of them take a moment to write a letter to a teacher who made a difference in their lives at some point. I have.
      Blaine,
      You made my day! School is stressing, every day is a challenge, but the kids are great. I am trying to be goofy, fun, and TRYING to get into the hang of being CONSISTENT. If people could only realize the stress of dealing with those new report cards...UGH!...on top of everything else.

Thanks for the warm fuzzy! Wish I could've kept playing the game (Thanks, Scriv!).

Tiptoetulip
      Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

I would like to step in and say that as a top 3 finalist in this fine challenge, I was graciously rewarded by East Coast Tropics, who sent me a set of Macanilla lotion and soap. It smells terrific! Thanks very much, Laverne and Scrivener!

I wanted to explain that I'm super busy at work these days and decided to sit out the current contest run by Ryan. I must say it's also a fine test!

What else? Oh yeah! Saw one of my favorite Podcasters and his wife featured in my PBN last weekend! I'm getting an iPod for my birthday next month, so I may just eavesdrop on some of The Transmission transmissions. However, it's my hubby who is the Lost fan! I just like watching Josh H. workout at my swim club!!!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Unfinished business. Yes, I know it's been ten months, but...well, life happens. And details get put at the bottom of the list sometimes.

So, even though I've yet to confirm one prize and yet to deliver another, let's just cap this thing already. As with the first game, I tossed all the prizes into a drawer and gave the winners their choice of whatever was left, beginning with the grand-prize winner.

First prize, of course, went to Surfingfarmboy, who selected the Hawaii Threads t-shirt, donated by the gentle pzarquon. Can I get some confirmation from someone that this prize was received?

Second prize for the second game in a row went to ZZType, who selected a bunch of "concert recordings" from such artists as John Lee Hooker, Warren Zevon, Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones, and Miles Davis. He hasn't received these yet, but I'm in the process of sending them to him.

Third prize went to Mel, who selected the $15 iTunes Music Store gift-card, donated by the lovely ZZType. Can I get confirmation from Mel that he got this? Also, if you can remember, Mel, we'd love to know what you downloaded with this!

The first consolation prize for most consistent participant went to Helen, who accepted a gift-certificate from Likelike Drive-In. This was actually a custom-designed prize, since Helen doesn't do Amazon or iTunes!

The second consolation prize for most creative or cleverest answers went to Lavagal, who, as explained in the response before this one, received Macanilla lotion and soap from the fragrant and generous EastCoastTropics (Laverne) of EastCoastTropics.com.

Congratulations, ten months late, and thank you very much to participants and donors!
          Last edited by scrivener; August 10, 2006, 09:30 PM. Reason: "i'm holding out for a hero..."
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Note to Scrivener:

The t-shirt was received, by way of Louisville, and now hangs proudly along with my large and extensive collection of never-worn Crazy Shirts...and one of Auntie Pupule's "Whack Whack" t-shirts!

Comment

Working...
            X