No announcement yet.

New Game! Honolulu Zoom: What & Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Game! Honolulu Zoom: What & Where?

Congratulations to Scrivener! Although I didn't participate in this game, I enjoyed following along. I am impressed at the participants' dedication and enthusiasm and absolutely enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

Comment

Ah, so close!

Congrats to the winners and all the players!

Comment

Thanks for the great game, Pz. That was a lot of fun, and one of the best things about a rough semester for me.

Congratulations to all the losers, too!

We need a new game!
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Wow that was fun! Wish I'd jumped in at the beginning. Big ups to Scrivener...

Thanks, pzarquon!

What's next? Maybe some kind of Sudoku-thingie. I'm so chronic-ing on that right now.

Paul

Comment

Ryan:
            Really nice photos throughout this game. Way to go. And way to go to Scrivener, Mel, all the rest of you guys. Notice I cut you one big ole break by not participating! I was so busy at work writing an annual report, etc., that I just had to let this one slide by.

But now I'm waiting and getting ready...what will HT come up with NEXT?!!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              Congratulations to all the losers, too!
              So I'm a "loser", huh? Just kidding, Scriv. I see myself, to borrow a euphemism often used at marathons, as a "valiant runner-up"!

In any event, to the victors go the spoils...congratulations to you, Mel, and Pomai for a well played game.

And to PZ, I thank you for taking the time and effort to organize this very fun and unique Hawaii Threads contest, in which I increased my knowledge of a city love dearly, by participating in it.

Randy
              Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; January 2, 2006, 02:30 AM. Reason: Improper tense of "see"

Comment

While looking for the items in the last game, one thing that I did notice is that the rectangular shaped, rotating sculpture in front of the Central Pacific Bank building at the corner of King and Alakea street is gone. Anyone know what happened to that?
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ok. Let the truth be told now. I stopped at nine because I wanted to give all you youngsters a chance to WIN!heheheh

Congrats Scriv! Game well played everybody. New Game ~ Chinatown Please? I'll smoke you all out! ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                    While looking for the items in the last game, one thing that I did notice is that the rectangular shaped, rotating sculpture in front of the Central Pacific Bank building at the corner of King and Alakea street is gone. Anyone know what happened to that?
                    I noticed that, too, this past summer when I took pictures for the summer game. It was a solar-powered sculpture. Gone. Maybe it went to look for a sunnier spot.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It would've been interesting if we had a bunch of ties, requiring a Jan-Ken-Po to the finish. Based on the proximity of the final scores, it likely would have been Mel vs. Scrivener for 1st and AbsolutChaos vs. Pomai (me) for 2nd.

So AbsolutChaos, what did you call? I called SCISSORS!

I too confess to actually taking a walk down Bishop street on New Year's eve. Hah! Kinda' eerie walking around there on a quiet holiday weekend. Parking my car in that empty municipal lot across the Hawaiian Telcom Building had me a bit nervous as well. It would have been so funny to bump into one of the competitors. Very obvious, with print-out of Zoom pictures in-hand.

That was indeed a fun game. Here's to more Zooms in '06!
                      Last edited by Pomai; January 2, 2006, 02:48 PM. Reason: Confession
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                        It would've been interesting if we had a bunch of ties, requiring a Jan-Ken-Po to the finish. Based on the proximity of the final scores, it likely would have been Mel vs. Scrivener for 1st and AbsolutChaos vs. Pomai (me) for 2nd.

So AbsolutChaos, what did you call? I called SCISSORS!
                        I do believe that I actually called rock--pzarquon might have to verify this for me, however. :-)

Comment

Ha ha! I bet you folks thought another new game was starting.

Actually, I'm just curious if PZ is getting a new shutter bug itch.

Or, shall the torch be passed to the last game's champion, Scrivener? Scriv' is an experienced photographer and would be the perfect guy!

I'd love to, but my Canon A510 doesn't cut the lens. If I decide to fork over for that new Canon 12xOptical Zoom Powershot S3, I may give it a "shot".
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                          X