Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video Game Trivia

Originally posted by Pedro
    I guess game over for you.... but don't worry there's other games I will come out with later that will be easier. I don't know what it will be, but you'll see. Until that time it's Video game trivia.
    Wat? You calling "ME" STUPID? EH?

I said I no play cause ...neva mind.

Auntie Alyn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; April 23, 2006, 10:27 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Wat? You calling "ME" STUPID? EH?

I said I no play cause ...neva mind.

Auntie Alyn
      Ooops I think that came out wrong, and no you are not stuped trust me, your name didn't land on the darwinawards, so you are far from it, I am pretty much sure. Hey I am signed on as the menehune man I guess I must be dumb (Pedro)
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Sorry Menehune man. I was using your name for the time being, I could have posted other threads as you. Lucky thing I checked.
        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

You got the system correct and the name of the guy correct but can you guess the game now? Remember it's the first game of that system. (Drum Rolls) and the answer is?
          Okay, my hubby (who's in the business) says 12 games were hardwired into the circuitry with cards that acted like dipswitches for changing the games. You're probably talking about tennis, but there was also haunted house, football, ice hockey, and more. Also, if you're thinking about Tennis for Two, that was the game that Willie Higginbotham built into a oscilloscope. [I have no idea what the heck hubby's talking about... All I know is that I'm the champ of Space Invaders and Ms Pac Man on speed. ]
          * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

That is the right answer, you rock. Here's another question: The company Sega was founded by who? An American? Or was it by a Japanese dude? What did the word Sega stand for?
            Sega was founded by Marty Gromley who worked at Pearl Harbor, along w/4 other people. They later merged w/Rosen Enterprises, founded by David Rosen, to create Sega Enterprises. Sega stands for service games.

I don't think anyone can stump my husband. Next trivia question (tapping toes, patiently waiting for a more challenging one )...

Edit: Marty Bromley, not Gromley
            Last edited by U'ilani; April 24, 2006, 04:11 PM.
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
              Sega was founded by Marty Gromley who worked at Pearl Harbor, along w/4 other people. They later merged w/Rosen Enterprises, founded by David Rosen, to create Sega Enterprises. Sega stands for service games.

I don't think anyone can stump my husband. Next trivia question (tapping toes, patiently waiting for a more challenging one )...

Edit: Marty Bromley, not Gromley
              You got that right. Here's another one it's more on history and stuff. Before Nintendo made toys and video games what product did they make in Japan?

Comment

I recall reading somewhere that they manufactured Hanafuda (Sakura) cards.
                Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

You got that right. Here's another one it's more on history and stuff. Before Nintendo made toys and video games what product did they make in Japan?
                  They made Hanafuda playing cards like Moto said. After 100 yrs of making these cards, Hiroshi Yamauchi expanded into Disney playing cards, love hotels, toys, and virtual skeet shooting parks, before making Game & Watch portable games, and eventually straying into arcade games.
                  Last edited by U'ilani; April 25, 2006, 06:52 PM.
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Here's a trivia question for you:

What was the best-selling arcade game in U.S. history?

And how about in world history?
                    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

tetris or pacman

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        tetris or pacman
                        Pacman is the best-selling arcade game in world history.

BTW, Tetris is the best-selling home game of all time (based on game cartridges sold).

How about best-selling arcade game ever in U.S. history?
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
                          I recall reading somewhere that they manufactured Hanafuda (Sakura) cards.

You are correct sorry I didn't post anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
                            Pacman is the best-selling arcade game in world history.

BTW, Tetris is the best-selling home game of all time (based on game cartridges sold).

How about best-selling arcade game ever in U.S. history?

Between Pacman and Tetris I loved Tetris the most still do and I play it as often as I can. I got up to level 17 that was the highest I ever went and I think ever will go in my life, unless I become a god.

Comment

The strongest most sought after videogame consoles in today's market are: Nintendo, Playstation and XBOX. There were other consoles that came out two years ago that tried to compete but failed in the market. Anyways here's my question it's a little harder. In 1995 at the E3(Electronic Entertainment Expo) nine video game consoles were Introduced at the Expo. They all had potential to be great systems, some's where powerful than others, while others lacked in power they more than made up for it with games. What were these nine systems and out of all them how many video game consoles failed in the market and which ones did Good in the long run? I mean during that time.
                              Last edited by Pedro; April 25, 2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

The strongest most sought after videogame consoles in today's market are: Nintendo, Playstation and XBOX. There were other consoles that came out two years ago that tried to compete but failed in the market. Anyways here's my question it's a little harder. In 1995 at the E3(Electronic Entertainment Expo) nine video game consoles were Introduced at the Expo. They all had potential to be great systems, some's where powerful than others, while others lacked in power they more than made up for it with games. What were these nine systems and out of all them how many video game consoles failed in the market and which ones did Good in the long run? I mean during that time.
                                Nine systems were not introduced at E3 in 1995. 3DO, Jaguar, and Sega 32X came out in 1994. Saturn & PlayStation came out in 1995, but they didn't have a working N64 until 1996. You might also be including Nomad, which did come out in 1995, as well as Nintendo Virtual Boy. When you say "nine", were you also including Tiger's RZone? FX CD was launched in 1995--but that was a Japan release. Not sure how you came up with 9 unless you counted the Panasonic and Goldstar 3DOs as separate units, but the Panasonic clearly pre-dates E3. Many of these systems were unveiled at CES, not E3.

BTW, who was the first mascot spokesman for PlayStation?
                                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
                                X