Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video Game Trivia

Originally posted by U'ilani
    Nine systems were not introduced at E3 in 1995. 3DO, Jaguar, and Sega 32X came out in 1994. Saturn & PlayStation came out in 1995, but they didn't have a working N64 until 1996. You might also be including Nomad, which did come out in 1995, as well as Nintendo Virtual Boy. When you say "nine", were you also including Tiger's RZone? FX CD was launched in 1995--but that was a Japan release. Not sure how you came up with 9 unless you counted the Panasonic and Goldstar 3DOs as separate units, but the Panasonic clearly pre-dates E3. Many of these systems were unveiled at CES, not E3.

BTW, who was the first mascot spokesman for PlayStation?

I got all my stuff from a Next Gen magazine, but their is no fooling you is there?
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

BTW, who was the first mascot spokesman for PlayStation?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the first Playstation mascot Crash Bandicoots or was it the tomb raider girl? I am pretty sure it was crash, before he jumped on to an all platform character.

I got another question. In 1988 Sony and Nintendo were trying to make a new system Called the "_______________" But later they decided not to and in 1991 Sony used that same idea and made it into a console of their own and named it the Playstation. Well the playstation didn't really come out till 1995.
      Last edited by Pedro; April 26, 2006, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
        Wasn't the first Playstation mascot Crash Bandicoots or was it the tomb raider girl? I am pretty sure it was crash, before he jumped on to an all platform character
        No. Hint: the character made it into commercials but never into a game.

I got another question. In 1988 Sony and Nintendo were trying to make a new system Called the "_______________" But later they decided not to and in 1991 Sony used that same idea and made it into a console of their own and named it the Playstation. Well the playstation didn't really come out till 1995.
        Sony & Nintendo didn't try to do anything in 1988--Nintendo was still sitting with the NES. In 1991, Nintendo tried to respond to SegaCD by partnering w/Sony to create an SNES CD drive known as the PlayStation. At the time, Sony hired an engineer named Ken Kutaragi to run the project. After Nintendo abandoned Sony and named Phillips as its CD partner, Kutaragi convinced the brass at Sony to continue the PlayStation project as a stand alone console.
        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I got my source of the net. It's a tough one. I will search the internet and my books back and forth until I come up with an answer for ya.

Sony & Nintendo didn't try to do anything in 1988--Nintendo was still sitting with the NES. In 1991, Nintendo tried to respond to SegaCD by partnering w/Sony to create an SNES CD drive known as the PlayStation. At the time, Sony hired an engineer named Ken Kutaragi to run the project. After Nintendo abandoned Sony and named Phillips as its CD partner, Kutaragi convinced the brass at Sony to continue the PlayStation project as a stand alone console.
          I looked most of this up on the net mostly IGN. (I am opened to listen to other things as well after all I am still learning myself.) In each sight I visit states that Nintendo and Sony tried to embark on a deal in 1988 to make a CD ROM drive for the NES and at that time it was called the Super Disc not the Playstation. It was suppose to be release I think with the SNES so you could play both Nintendo cartridge games and Sony CD games of which Sony was suppose to be the "Sole World Licenser" written in their contract, meaning Nintendo would be under Sony's grip which scared the piss out of Nintendo.
          Last edited by Pedro; April 26, 2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=U'ilani]No. Hint: the character made it into commercials but never into a game.

It's a tough one but I will search the end of the net and my magazines for an answer.

Comment

[QUOTE=U'ilani]No. Hint: the character made it into commercials but never into a game.

I checked my sources and this what I have found: It was Madam Sophia. I got my answer from a friend who's been working with Sony before the launch of the Playstation. Madam Sophia was shown on commercials to show off the polygons for their new system unfortunately Sony decided it wasn't a good enough mascot and dropped her, but she made it to a game at least called Battle Arena Toshiden.

Comment

Here's another Question:

Even though Sony didn't make the Super Disk for Nintendo they contributed something to the super Nintendo what was it?

Comment

[QUOTE=Pedro]

I checked my sources and this what I have found: It was Madam Sophia. I got my answer from a friend who's been working with Sony before the launch of the Playstation. Madam Sophia was shown on commercials to show off the polygons for their new system unfortunately Sony decided it wasn't a good enough mascot and dropped her, but she made it to a game at least called Battle Arena Toshiden.
                  In 1995 as Sony prepared to release the original PlayStation, the company spokesman was a character named Polygon Man who appeared in magazines and commercials--but never in a game.
                  * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Here's another Question:

Even though Sony didn't make the Super Disk for Nintendo they contributed something to the super Nintendo what was it?
                    The audio chip. I believe that's all.
                    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

[QUOTE=U'ilani]
                      In 1995 as Sony prepared to release the original PlayStation, the company spokesman was a character named Polygon Man who appeared in magazines and commercials--but never in a game.

Cool I am still learning here, as I do this trivia, much for myself as well as for others who love to know about video games.

Comment

Question: What's the connection between Chuck E. Cheese & Atari?
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

You are right, it was BSP Processor which produced sound for the SNES.

Here's another one: Who was the animator of Dragon Slayor for the arcade? Hint: He animated The Secret Of Nym, The Rescuers, and also a little animated part in Zanadu.

Comment

Here's another one: Who was the animator of Dragon Slayor for the arcade? Hint: He animated The Secret Of Nym, The Rescuers, and also a little animated part in Zanadu. I loved Zanadu by the way even if it was weird. Wo I made a double of my reply on here, how did that happen?

Comment

Here's another one: Who was the animator of Dragon Slayor for the arcade? Hint: He animated The Secret Of Nym, The Rescuers, and also a little animated part in Zanadu.
                              Don Bluth, of course.

Another question: What was Mario's role in the arcade version of Punch Out?
                              - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Don Bluth, of course.

Another question: What was Mario's role in the arcade version of Punch Out?
                                O.K. I hope I am right if not off to search I go. He was the reff was I right?

Comment

Working...
                                X