HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

I wonder if there ever was a regular season weekend, in the NFL, when every visiting team won? The odds of that occuring now, with 14-16 games played every weekend, seem pretty remote. There's always a first time though. Another thought: I wonder what a Vegas book would pay (on the dollar) on a provisional where one bets all visiting teams win on a weekend, straight up?

Comment

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans
      NY Jets at Buffalo Bills
      Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions Sleeper game
      Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts
      Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings Chicagos is running up scores this year
      Tennessee Titans at Miami Dolphins
      Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers
      Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns
      NY Giants at Seattle Seahawks
      St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
      Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers
      Denver Broncos at New England Patriots

Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

Saints 17 - 14 with America just happy to see the Superdome back in use after Katrina hit!

I think these are final

50% of my picks were visiting teams!!! Doh... could be an ugly week for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
        I wonder if there ever was a regular season weekend, in the NFL, when every visiting team won? The odds of that occuring now, with 14-16 games played every weekend, seem pretty remote. There's always a first time though. Another thought: I wonder what a Vegas book would pay (on the dollar) on a provisional where one bets all visiting teams win on a weekend, straight up?
        If Vegas ever put out a line for "all-visitors winning," there would be takers for such a bet.

Something like 66,000:1, assuming all teams are equal. But, since they wouldn't be, the Texans visiting the Seahawks should supposedly increase the payout.

People will gamble on just about anything. Some of my friends make bets on what kind of play will result in the first first-down of the game (run, pass, or penalty).

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          NY Jets at Buffalo Bills
          Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions Sleeper game
          Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings Chicagos is running up scores this year

Saints 17 - 14 with America just happy to see the Superdome back in use after Katrina hit!

I think these are final

50% of my picks were visiting teams!!! Doh... could be an ugly week for me!
          Manoa;

You might want to take that blindfold off next time you are throwing darts, you might actually hit something.

That is change #3 if I am correct.

You sure about that Cincy game? Three key injuries to Cincy and Pittsburgh being pissed off about being blanked on Monday night. Nah, Cowher would let that one slide fer sure........good call.
          You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

If Manoa is so concerned about being able to change his picks, I'd like to politely recommend he make all the changes he wants to a list he keeps on his computer, and that he just submit his picks once just before the deadline. Less chance of someone "stealing" his oh-so-insightful picks, and less annoyance for the rest of us.

Comment

NY Jets at Buffalo Bills
              Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
              Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings

Monday Night Tie-Breaker: Pick winner and predict score!

Falcons 24 -14 (but Reggie Bush busts out a 40+ yard TD run)

I'm such a homer. I always pick my Niners to win, no matter what. No wonder I always lose!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                If Manoa is so concerned about being able to change his picks, I'd like to politely recommend he make all the changes he wants to a list he keeps on his computer, and that he just submit his picks once just before the deadline. Less chance of someone "stealing" his oh-so-insightful picks, and less annoyance for the rest of us.
                Well... just maybe Manoa is throwing them out there to confuse some people

Gee...is this truly his final pick?...etc...

It's players place PZ and part of it is Game Psychology!

Comment

My picks to win for week #3.

Washington Redskins
                  Buffalo Bills
                  Detroit Lions
                  Indianapolis Colts
                  Minnesota Vikings
                  Miami Dolphins
                  Pittsburgh Steelers
                  Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                  Baltimore Ravens
                  NY Giants
                  Arizona Cardinals
                  San Francisco 49ers
                  Denver Broncos
                  Atlanta Falcons 28-15

Comment

Washington Redskins at Houston Texans – Skins need wins to compete in the toughest division in NFL.
                    NY Jets at Buffalo Bills – Bills at home. Winter is early.
                    Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions – Favre ain’t dead yet.
                    Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts – Manning faces first REAL defense. Jags comin off big MNF win.
                    Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings – Viks beat Panthers last week but Chicago is top 5 team right now.
                    Tennessee Titans at Miami Dolphins – Culpepper due for a breakout game.
                    Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers – I’m goin with my gut on this one. Bengals got BIG O talent.
                    Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers – All pirates in the NFL suck this year.
                    Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns – Ravens are tuned and nearly injury free.
                    NY Giants at Seattle Seahawks – Manning the 2nd coming into his own lately.
                    St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals – Who cares?
                    Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers – Eagles are still stinging from last week. Bet they got fire-belly.
                    Denver Broncos at New England Patriots – Snow in the forecast?
                    MNF
                    Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints – U2 opens, and then Bush gets 200+ multi-yards.
                    31-17
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      Well... just maybe Manoa is throwing them out there to confuse some people

Gee...is this truly his final pick?...etc...

It's players place PZ and part of it is Game Psychology!
                      Now that is some funny shait!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                        Denver Broncos at New England Patriots – Snow in the forecast?
                        Patriot fans only wish...they have some really good memories of battles won in snowstorms. The "Snow Bowl", (the Brady "tuck" game), against the Raiders in the '01 season playoffs comes to mind most frequently around here. Great game...though I remember I was pulling for the Raiders to win that one. I thought the Raiders played magnificently in the conditions of that game...here was a warm weather California team, playing in a freezing blizzard, and if it wasn't for that questionable non-turnover call, I felt they would have won.

I believe the weather for the game this Sunday should be fairly warm. The last I heard, Sunday (during the day) will be in the low 80s, somewhat humid, with a front passing through around late afternoon bringing showers (which should end by game time) and game-time temp. in the upper 60s to low 70s.

Denver has had the Pats number of late; the Broncos have beaten the Pats 4 out of their last 5 meetings. (Remember when Ashley Lelie finished off the Pats in '02 with a first down catch in the 4th to seal that game in Foxboro?) Needless to say, the Boston sports talk radio stations have made this very clear the last few days. The Denver-NE game ought to be a great chess match between two masters of the game...Shanahan vs. Belichick.

Comment

This is a tough one to call, but it comes down to Houston's once-fearsome ground game not being so fearsome. Can you tell I'm big on running backs?

NY Jets at Buffalo Bills
                          Buffalo has been surprising, and the AFC East is one of a few divisions where intra-division matchups can always go either way; however, Chad Pennington looks really good.

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions

Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings

My third week in a row riding the Dolphins. I'm such an idiot.

My against-all-reason pick.

I'm such a big Tiki Barber fan that I can't seem to pick against him, even though his triplet brother is the other team's running back.

Oh, I'd love to see Kurt Warner kick his old team's butt.

I said last week's SF game would make Frank Gore a household name; it didn't. But only because the media doesn't talk about the 49ers very much. Keep an eye on this future Pro-Bowl rb.

Not a difficult pick at all.

Monday Night Tie-Breaker: Pick winner and predict score!
                          Atlanta Falcons 27 at New Orleans Saints 17
                          I'm predicting a shootout with lots of yardage but just an average score.

Keep in mind that I may change my picks before 6:00 tomorrow. I'm thinking of taking the Patriots over the Eagles instead of over the Broncos.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

This is a really tough week, really tough. Had to find inspiration under the lights last night..........

Washington Redskins- two words: Chris Cooley
                            Buffalo Bills- Buff at home, that dismal, unforsaken home
                            Detroit Lions- I love Favre but he should have retired last year
                            Indianapolis Colts- Colts score first, J'ville won't be able to keep up
                            Minnesota Vikings- home at the dome will help the D, journeyman Johnson will get the offense going
                            Miami Dolphins- this is the week the O line clicks and Dante throws with confidence
                            Pittsburgh Steelers- injuries to Cincy and Cowher's wrath
                            Carolina Panthers- the return of Steve Smith
                            Cleveland Browns- my upset pick- another game settled by a field goal
                            Seattle Seahawks- this game will also be settled by a field goal
                            Arizona Cardinals- SL beats Denver, loses to SF, hard to tell what they are going to do next......
                            Philadelphia Eagles- NFC East versus the rest of the league- pick NFC East first and vassilate from there........
                            Denver Broncos- Lynch puts someone on a stretcher in this game. TE for NE can't neutralize him

Monday Night Tie-Breaker
                            Atlanta Falcons 30-24 finally some points on Monday night!!!! Atlanta with the lead option and NO with the Katrina hype and Bush.
                            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I said it was a tough week!

Scriv - any way you can show a running total on the frontpage of the Pickem site you created?

Comment

Week #3:

WASHINGTON
                                BUFFALO
                                DETROIT
                                INDIANAPOLIS
                                CHICAGO
                                MIAMI
                                PITTSBURGH
                                TAMPA BAY
                                BALTIMORE