The Deejay Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Deejay Game

I'll "play" a song, giving song title and artist. Whoever posts next will decide what song should go next, for any reason at all. State the song title and artist, and tell us why it would be a good choice for the next song. The next poster will continue the playlist.

The first song:
    "I Love Rock and Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

What's next, wax-spinners?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: The Deejay Game

"Rock n Roll is Here to Stay" by Sha Na Na because hey, we're starting with a diversified rock and roll mix.... have fun!!!!!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

'Theme From A Summer Place' by Percy Faith.

My favorite song, just love the piano and violin plays.

Comment

That's a great song, and I did say "for any reason at all," but can we try to keep some kind of relationship going from one song to the next? Thanks.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I think this is going to end up looking like a big Radio Free Hawaii playlist with no audio of course... but hey, to keep in theme with the song posted by Percy Faith, I'll offer the next song on the playlist:

"Calcutta" by the Lawrence Welk Orchestra, a bit uptempo but more fitting with the M.O.R. instrumental offered previously. Plus like "Summer Place", "Calcutta" was also a big top 40 hit around 1961 or so.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"Take Five," by The Dave Brubeck Quartet. Gives you the feel of loungin' after making a long journey to "Calcutta," and came out around the same time (1959). Besides, there's no better song in 5/4 time.

Yes, I'm a BG.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

That Dave Brubeck song is so cool... love it. A great follow up will be Martin Denny's "Quiet Village" with all the bird calls and vibes, making this the first local entry in this thread.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"SIXteen Tons" by Tennessee Ernie Ford!

Mike..."Take Five" was the last song playing on my iPod when I got out of my car earlier this evening!

Comment

Well, what could follow "Take Five" and "Sixteen Tons" but Janis Ian's "At Seventeen," one of the saddest songs ever? I don't want to steer anyone in any kind of direction, but there is an obvious NEXT song!
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I dunno about patterns, but sticking with numbers I'll go with Alice Cooper's "I'm Eighteen".
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      I dunno about patterns, but sticking with numbers I'll go with Alice Cooper's "I'm Eighteen".
                      Please allow a slightly OT interjection ... "I'm Eighteen" was on the radio a couple of nights ago when I was cruising a side street with the radio loud, and I was screaming "AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAAANT!" and it was great.

OK, back to the list ... I just have to say, putting that suicide-inducing Janis Ian song in this thread was just MEAN! I hate that song.

Next ... "I Wanna Be Sedated," the Ramones. It is connected.

"Twenny twenny twenny four hours to go ... I wanna be sedated!"

Comment

"where is my mind" pixies
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

John Lennon: "Mind Games" (carrying on the 'mind' theme, of course.)

Comment

John Brown's Body: "Resonate"

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                              That Dave Brubeck song is so cool... love it. A great follow up will be Martin Denny's "Quiet Village" with all the bird calls and vibes, making this the first local entry in this thread.
                              Wow, I was going to post the same thing !!!! Awesome !
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                              X